2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why does my climate control fan run occasionally when parked?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2022, 08:42 AM
Mudding
Received 83 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Why does my climate control fan run occasionally when parked?

I know this is a silly thread, I've searched off and on for years for an answer on this one. Occasionally when I walk out to my car after it's been parked the circulating fan inside will be running almost full blast. It's done the same thing while camping sometimes and every now and then I'll get a low-battery warning (which makes since if it's using power for the fan for prolonged periods of time). I've tried running through the various menus to see if this is something that I can shut off, and my dealer isn't much of a help. Looking for any input!

Old 08-19-2022, 11:28 AM
Mudding
Received 85 Likes on 57 Posts

I don't think that is a silly question at all. Mainly because that has never happened to me and now I am curious.

Sorry for not being helpful...

Old 08-19-2022, 01:35 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,151 Likes on 621 Posts

That's odd / and I don't think it should be happening. Has not on mine.

Do you have a D90? Or a 110? I ask because the early 90's had a problem with a seam not being sealed in the A-pillars, which causes water to fill up under the plastic floors, and this sounds like the type of thing that would happen with water ingress... eek eek.

Old 08-19-2022, 04:13 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 55 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by 4Corsa
I know this is a silly thread, I've searched off and on for years for an answer on this one. Occasionally when I walk out to my car after it's been parked the circulating fan inside will be running almost full blast. It's done the same thing while camping sometimes and every now and then I'll get a low-battery warning (which makes since if it's using power for the fan for prolonged periods of time). I've tried running through the various menus to see if this is something that I can shut off, and my dealer isn't much of a help. Looking for any input!
I have the same problem. Usually when I have the barn door open. Your key is communicating with the KVM. Wrap the key in aluminium foil and see what happens. Also stick a carabiner in the barn door lock and double lock the vehicle when going to sleep if camping beside the vehicle. I find that if the vehicle is not double locked there are some weird things like the fan and headlights that drain the battery.