2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wireless CarPlay - can you force wired mode?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2022, 09:53 AM
Winching
Received 165 Likes on 116 Posts

carplay streams at a much higher rate than bluetooth.

it might sound worse cause your speakers are playing at higher volumes causing vibration. there are a couple recent forums about sound deadening the doors.

i recently did this also and made a huge difference in sound quality.

bluetooth is the worst sound quality platform

carplay plays at cd quality only if plugged. when going wireless it losses quality

https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1748129

Originally Posted by Dfnder
One thing I have notices - the Apple Carplay audio quality is bad and breaks out so I now listen to music soley through bluetooth and the quality is much better and doesnt break out.

A potential reason why I think bluetooth works better is that I can raise the volume close to full on my phone and then on Pivi have the volume close to half. In Carplay you cant adjust the volume on the phone.

Old 07-12-2022, 06:44 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 62 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by WTFChuck
Somewhat related question, but if anyone knows or can help, that would be great. My issue is, I want to use CarPlay but much prefer the native navigation system in Pivi Pro, over Google Maps or Waze. But when using CarPlay, when clicking on the Nav icon, it automatically takes you to Google Maps via CarPlay. I have to turn off CarPlay, the way Pangea123 suggests, in my phone settings to use my preferred Navigation in Pivi, but then lose my music selections and other CarPlay features. Does anyone have a workaround?
When you are connected to carplay and want to use the LR navigation app you need to go to your homescreen and press the 4 squares in the corner to get to the screen with all your icons on, then press the Navigation button on this screen and it will allow you to use the LR Nav without disconnecting carplay

Old 03-19-2024, 07:19 PM
Mudding
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by WTFChuck
Somewhat related question, but if anyone knows or can help, that would be great. My issue is, I want to use CarPlay but much prefer the native navigation system in Pivi Pro, over Google Maps or Waze. But when using CarPlay, when clicking on the Nav icon, it automatically takes you to Google Maps via CarPlay. I have to turn off CarPlay, the way Pangea123 suggests, in my phone settings to use my preferred Navigation in Pivi, but then lose my music selections and other CarPlay features. Does anyone have a workaround?
The easiest way I have found is from the Home Screen. On the Navigation Tile, press the little navigation icon (upwards pointing arrow head - see red circle in pic). On next screen, you should see the navigation Sources available to use - either Pivi Pro or your Phone. Select “Pivi Pro Navigation” and the navigation system will use Pivi Pro while CarPlay remains connected and available for everything else.

I cannot remember if the vehicle remembers this on future drives. I think it does to a degree; but I do know I have to repeat this process occasionally (it is easier and quicker than it sounds).

Last edited by longtrip68; 03-19-2024 at 07:21 PM.