Sponsored by:

How to get Apple CarPlay to work

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2021, 02:06 PM
7th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to get Apple CarPlay to work

Hi guys

Just got a used 2018 Disco HSE LUX TD6. Already started moding as usual.

question

I guess the previous owner selected In Control apps to be used with IPhone and I think it’s defaulting to Incontrol apps. I can not get Apple car play to pop up and select it to be used with IPhone. Anyone knows how to change that setting so I can use Apple CarPlay?

before and after pics.

Before

After

Old 04-08-2021, 07:59 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 139 Likes on 120 Posts

Congrats. Nice ride!

Assume you're aware that CarPlay only works with USB cable to one of the center armrest usb connections. It doesn't do wireless CarPlay

The first time you connect a phone it should ask you if you want to use CarPlay. Doesn't matter what prior owner did with his phone
When you have your phone connected does the right hand one of the three icons on the main touchscreen display say 'CarPlay'? Or if you swipe across a couple of screens is there a CarPlay icon you can press?

If not, it's possible you don't have CarPlay. The 2018s didn't come with it and the dealer has to install the cellphone pack to activate it. In theory it was a few hundred dollars although many did it for free. So you may want to check if you have it installed

Good luck!

The following users liked this post:
harris3344 (04-08-2021)
Old 04-08-2021, 09:41 PM
7th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BritCars
Congrats. Nice ride!

Assume you're aware that CarPlay only works with USB cable to one of the center armrest usb connections. It doesn't do wireless CarPlay

The first time you connect a phone it should ask you if you want to use CarPlay. Doesn't matter what prior owner did with his phone
When you have your phone connected does the right hand one of the three icons on the main touchscreen display say 'CarPlay'? Or if you swipe across a couple of screens is there a CarPlay icon you can press?

If not, it's possible you don't have CarPlay. The 2018s didn't come with it and the dealer has to install the cellphone pack to activate it. In theory it was a few hundred dollars although many did it for free. So you may want to check if you have it installed

Good luck!
Thank you.

So, I have done all of the above that you stated. Looks like I don't have Apple Carplay. May be its just the software update that dealer has to do. It will be phenomenal if he doesn't charge me which they normally do.

My friend bought a 2018 last month and I helped setup his AppleCarplay while he was driving. I think its a software add-on.

Thanks again for the detailed response.

Old 04-09-2021, 07:06 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 139 Likes on 120 Posts

Yes. It's called the Smartphone pack. I'm surprised they didn't put it on before selling (if you bought from dealer)

Also have them run the latest in control updates which perform better. And it also gives you wireless remote updates as they release them so your system is always up to date.

harris3344 (04-09-2021)
Old 04-12-2021, 03:26 PM
Mudding
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

as others have said you need the Touch Pro software upgrade. Odd that it wasn't done already as that particular version has been out for quite some time... 2 years???

harris3344 (04-12-2021)