4X4 Events and Weekend Outings Post Your Wheeling Pictures and Videos Here!

Anyone near Kansas City?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 09:28 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For those of you who are in the social media world, i created a facebook page for the club that we can also follow. Once we get more of a club structure organized we can tweak it a little more.

If any of you facebookers that were at the meeting today want to join it, i'll put you all on full administrator privileges.

https://www.facebook.com/LandRoverKC

Old 01-13-2013, 09:28 PM
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by KindaGuitarded
I think i'll start with the lift, someone wanna send me a shopping list of what i need?

We could go with some 751 OME coils in front and a set of isolators then for the rear go with a 2" spacer made by, www.rovertym.com it comes with a set of height adjusters i think this would be plenty for where your looking to go and probably your best bang for the buck!!

Old 01-13-2013, 09:37 PM
Mudding

[QUOTE=greenharoguy;370057]Let me know when. Are you doingsp
acers or springs?[/QUOTE

I'll be doing 2in spacers and the D1 perch plates on top of my 3 inch terrafirma

Old 01-13-2013, 09:41 PM
Rock Crawling

Im thinking water above the hood to maybe an inch or so up the window. The way I see it, is all I have to do is throw the ECU up top, above the sun visor. Is there anything else I really need to worry about (once again, minus the snorkel, and breather tubes). And anything else, even the ECU can just be plasti dipped right?

And obviously the fact that gas engines are no good underwater for very long.....

Last edited by greenharoguy; 01-13-2013 at 09:47 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:42 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by lr2001silver
When you speak of waterproofing how deep do you want to go? The only we can water proof your truck is to make it float....
there's no such thing as a Land Rover submarine!

Old 01-13-2013, 09:49 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by greenharoguy
Im thinking water above the hood to maybe an inch or so up the window. The way I see it, is all I have to do is throw the ECU up top, above the sun visor. Is there anything else I really need to worry about (once againe, minus the snorkel, and breather tubes). And anything else, even the ECU can just be plasti dipped right?
if you want to go that deep you're going to need to get a D2 TDI because your distributor doesn't do well under water

Old 01-13-2013, 10:02 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by KindaGuitarded
For those of you who are in the social media world, i created a facebook page for the club that we can also follow. Once we get more of a club structure organized we can tweak it a little more.

If any of you facebookers that were at the meeting today want to join it, i'll put you all on full administrator privileges.

https://www.facebook.com/LandRoverKC
man you're on it send me the info I'm down I just commented on the picture you put on facebook so you can send me the info on there

Old 01-14-2013, 01:48 AM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by 30more
if you want to go that deep you're going to need to get a D2 TDI because your distributor doesn't do well under water
There has to be some other way.......

Old 01-27-2013, 11:02 PM
Overlanding

Hey Guys, just found this thread. I'm also in Lee's Summit. New to Rovers. Bought a black 96 D1 this summer. Not really into taking it off road that much yet. But would love to hang out with some fellow rover guys and learn some things. My Disco is currently out of commission while I try to figure out the source of some bad vibes. I think its the front shaft and will hopefully have it back in tomorrow. Next will be a valley gasket.

Also my Brother has taken up a rover addiction also after I purchased mine, he acquired two DII's. I know he would love hanging out with some fellow sadists.

Old 01-27-2013, 11:28 PM
Rock Crawling

Hey man,

Im the Lees Summit guy, if you want, PM me your number, and we can get together whenever you like! I live over in Lakewood, but am down to meet anywhere in town.

Nathan

Quick Reply: Anyone near Kansas City?