DIY LR3 Radio Surround - Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Old 03-02-2017, 10:53 AM

Default DIY LR3 Radio Surround

After chasing issues with the factory hi-line system, I figured it was cheaper and less of a headache to upgrade to an after market system.
I wanted an OEM look that Chinese fascia kits couldn't offer. The ones I tried left huge gaps and didn't get the angles right. I decided to CAD it up myself and try it out on the 3d printer:
Printed out a rough version (print lines visible) but it fitted up perfectly, primed and painted in Ford shadow grey.. not perfect, but a whole lot better than what's available. The next version I print will likely integrate a garage door opener and USB switch buttons (scavenged from the factory faceplate). Then I plan on integrating a mini tablet in the factory NAV cubby.
I can make the STL file available if anyone is interest in making their own.

Old 04-26-2017, 09:34 PM

Very cool! I love it when people get creative with their DIY projects like this.