Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

LR2 Rear Seat Entertainment? Will headrest post fit Disco2?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 09:06 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LR2 Rear Seat Entertainment? Will headrest post fit Disco2?

I have an 04 Disco SE and am looking to add headrest monitors for the kids. I like the factory system for the LR2. My question is does anyone know if the headrest post width and size are the same? Has anyone used a LR2 headrest in a Disco2?

I believe the Lr2 kit is for years 06-09 if that helps.

Thanks

Old 06-27-2012, 05:33 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MARSRover
I have an 04 Disco SE and am looking to add headrest monitors for the kids. I like the factory system for the LR2. My question is does anyone know if the headrest post width and size are the same? Has anyone used a LR2 headrest in a Disco2?

I believe the Lr2 kit is for years 06-09 if that helps.

Thanks
It will be very difficult for you to find a replacement "aftermarket" headrest with the monitors already mounted in them that will fit your Discovery. Pre-Fab and ready to plug and play aftermarket headrest are not made for Disco's, at least that I'm aware of.

Your only option is to have someone custom mount them in your factory headrests, this is NOT a do it yourself type project. If you want to do it yourself I recommend buying a used set of Disco headrests on ebay that match your interior in case you mess them up.

The cheapest and easiest way to do rear entertainment in your Disco is take it to a local independent car audio store and have them install a flip down monitor. A custom mount will have to be made to mount it to your headliner, but one custom mount is cheaper than 2 custom mounted headrests.

Just my .02 Cents.

Old 06-27-2012, 09:00 PM
Overlanding

Read you loud and clear. Reason I asked is a buddies buddy has a set from an 06 LR2 in black who is out of state and was willing to sell them. If they fit they are worth the price hes asking if not they would be useless and I'd just have to sell.

I used to be in car audio business years ago figured by now someone or some company would have an easy fix for anything land rover. Guess not. I'm not a fan of drop downs and if done right the head rest look clean to me.

Anyone know of any good universal monitors that can be fitted with flush mount to stock disco headrest, maybe 5-6", will have to measure in morning. Or is this idea just not realistic and feasible?

Old 06-27-2012, 10:19 PM
Overlanding

I just put two and two together who replied. Steve call me if you know a shop in our area, you still got my number dont think I have yours? What you think about these? Kenwood LZ-612IR Thanks

Old 06-28-2012, 07:22 AM
Three Wheeling

a buddies buddy has a set from an 06 LR2 in black who is out of state and was willing to sell them.
Im about 95% sure they won't work, however if they did work I would be concerned about the connections it leaves you to plug (input plugs) into them. I have run into this several times in factory installed stuff where the factory stuff is not fitted with universal "RCA" type input or outputs and it is only intended to be used with the factory installed components, which this can end up being another hurdle to deal with when you just want the head rest monitors.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:31 AM
Three Wheeling

I just put two and two together who replied. Steve call me if you know a shop in our area, you still got my number dont think I have yours? What you think about these? Kenwood LZ-612IR Thanks
I will PM you my number...

As for the Kenwood monitors...to me, a monitor is a monitor. After 20 years in the industry, especially in todays day and age of "Made in China" they are all the same. If you look around and look hard enough you can find that exact same monitor with a different brand name on it for 20-25% cheaper than the "Kenwood" set.

I would suggest buying the cheapest set that fits your size requirements. The internals of the monitors are all the same, you're might pay a little more for the brand name on the box but that is the only difference.

Last edited by TATZOO; 06-28-2012 at 07:35 AM.