Build Threads Create a build thread to compile pictures and descriptions of your LR build.

1995 RRC LWB 25th Anniversary Edition

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2021, 12:02 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 762 Likes on 498 Posts

Originally Posted by tnrangerover
you should be able to have a shop fill it with nitrogen for pretty cheap. that's what I did with mine.

I'd also recommend getting bushings to replace those Johnny joints. I did that on my old remote resi fox 10" 2.0's and it was so much quieter. no clicking! you should be able to find bushing at a more jeep-oriented 4x4 website.
I have a buddy going to fill them for me and I have one set of bushings and just waiting for the other to arrive to replace the heims.

Old 09-29-2021, 01:36 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 388 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by whowa004
It will all be repainted back to the correct Aspen Silver, if it wasn't the anniversary edition I might go with something else but alas going to keep it as it should be. Will be multi colored until I can sort through what tires and suspension I end up with and make sure I don't need any more trimming before I pull it all off to prep and paint.
This is a neat truck but it isn't even close to being a restorer. Paint it what ever color you want. Makes no difference that it is an anniversary edition in the current condition. Down here in the South this would be considered a swamp buggy or a mud bogger. Looks like it would be a lot of fun on the trails.

Old 09-29-2021, 02:29 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by stillruns
This is a neat truck but it isn't even close to being a restorer. Paint it what ever color you want. Makes no difference that it is an anniversary edition in the current condition. Down here in the South this would be considered a swamp buggy or a mud bogger. Looks like it would be a lot of fun on the trails.
You aren't wrong. A fresh coat and it will look alright. Other than paint and cleaning up the Jeep flare debacle and refreshing suspension it's kind of done. Interior is all there and in good shape with zero rust on the frame or anywhere other than some surface rust on the sliders and bumpers. It will never be show room quality or anything like that but it will look a lot better refreshed some. Unfortunately I'm not sure if I'll get it out on any trails before snow closes all the good stuff this year. It might not be around next wheeling season either.

Old 12-02-2021, 06:17 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 142 Likes on 113 Posts

Glad your doing what it needs to get rid of those horrible flares. Is the LWB nicer cargo wise if you didn't have the rear seats in? How much longer is it tailgate to the back of the front seats?

The following users liked this post:
whowa004 (12-02-2021)
Old 12-02-2021, 11:17 AM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by Shiftonthefly1
Glad your doing what it needs to get rid of those horrible flares. Is the LWB nicer cargo wise if you didn't have the rear seats in? How much longer is it tailgate to the back of the front seats?
10" longer and it is directly in the rear seat footwell. If you pull the door cards on the rear doors you can see the extra material welded into the doors lol. I haven't taken this on a trip yet and I think I'd be disappointed as I love the height of the cargo area in my D2s but with no rear seats that might be even the playing field some.

Wrapping up some house projects and I'll begin painting/replacing body panels one by one. A LWB roof is the only thing I can't get my hands on at this time that isn't damaged....this one is in okay shape but there is some hail damage. I have a buddy holding doors, cowl, hood, lower tailgate and rear quarters for me...will be nice to paint everything off the vehicle as time permits and get it swapped over.

The following 2 users liked this post by whowa004:
Richard Gallant (12-09-2021), The Deputy (12-05-2021)
Old 12-12-2021, 06:57 PM
Pro Wrench

Replaced a leaky brake caliper a few weeks ago and finally got around to bleeding it today so it's back in action again. Shooting to replace the suspension on Thursday/Friday of this week. Still need to get with my buddy to try and get the 7100s in the rear recharged and hope they don't need to be rebuilt...not hard or pricey just a matter of time that would be the issue there.

Old 12-19-2021, 11:25 AM
Pro Wrench

Swapped the suspension last week for the big blues and two of the fox shocks from the green disco for the front. Same ride height but rides much much smoother. Really need to figure out different wheels as the 16x10 and a negative offset pushes the wheels way too far out. Cold mornings the trans is not a happy camper with some intermittent slipping between 1st and 2nd, hoping a fluid change will resolve that. No pictures as it's still super ugly haha

Old 02-16-2022, 03:18 PM
Pro Wrench

Nothing exciting as life has been a little crazy and the discos needing some attention but I did pick up a set of 5 rostyle wheels that will get a refresh and wrapped in some 255/85s when I have some time. Trans fluid was a hair low and much happier topped off except when it's super cold (like below 20 degrees) until it warms up a little.

Old 12-07-2022, 12:16 PM
Pro Wrench

Method 105 beadlocks

Exhaust finally burned together and installed

7100s reinstalled with a recharge and bushings instead of hiems

Cats were stolen

Blade left by thieves

Got it out once on a easy early season run

Big blues and fox shocks in front

7100s and big blues in rear. Hard to see but a bump stop is inside spring…though if ever hit would blow a hole in the floor lol

Pups love the back

The following 2 users liked this post by whowa004:
B Strife (02-24-2023), The Deputy (12-09-2022)
Old 12-07-2022, 12:20 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 151 Likes on 95 Posts

looks awesome!!

The following users liked this post:
whowa004 (12-07-2022)

Quick Reply: 1995 RRC LWB 25th Anniversary Edition