Build Threads Create a build thread to compile pictures and descriptions of your LR build.

The official TRIARII build

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 09:08 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it's really not the "what if" it's my dad not letting me make decisions on what i put on my truck.. but thanks for the tire advice!

Old 05-03-2015, 02:22 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,589 Likes on 1,305 Posts

Quality retreads are fine, older folks still base their opinions on old tech retreads that were not that great. The new ones have bead to bead remolds and are great bang for the buck. I run them on the 110 and have done 1200 mile round trips on them with no qualms. God forbid my wife and daughter were in the truck to...

Triar did you clip a tree or something at Romp?

Old 05-03-2015, 07:44 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by ArmyRover
Quality retreads are fine, older folks still base their opinions on old tech retreads that were not that great. The new ones have bead to bead remolds and are great bang for the buck. I run them on the 110 and have done 1200 mile round trips on them with no qualms. God forbid my wife and daughter were in the truck to...

Triar did you clip a tree or something at Romp?
I agree with Army Rover about the retreads. Sucks you can't build your truck as you see fit but I can understand where your dad is coming from.

Army Rover no I did not hit a tree at romp but I must have hit a big branch or something while cruising on one of the trails just past the power lines, because that's when I noticed my driver mirror was broken and I noticed the driver side end cap was cracked. Fun though.

Old 05-03-2015, 09:16 PM
Super Moderator

I saw what looked like bark in the one pic and I heard stories of a disco making out with a tree so I thought maybe it was you.

Romp was a blast!

Old 05-03-2015, 10:54 PM
TReK

I saw what looked like bark in the one pic and I heard stories of a disco making out with a tree so I thought maybe it was you.

Romp was a blast!
No it was not me who hit the tree thank god, but hopfully the person who did was not hurt nor his truck to banged up. Yeah that was a tree branch that managed to put a crack in my front bumper end cap, broke my front driver mirror AND it punctured the front driver wheel arch trim piece. Because of that little ****er I need a new bumper, mirror assembly and wheel arch trim! Just an excuse to spend more money that I don't yet have

I did watch a D2 kinda bump into a Defender... We were all waiting at the opening where the power lines are. Can't tell you how packed in we were because there were so many of us parked and idling anywhere we could find room. Then I see a D2 barge into the crowd and bump right into the Defender. Needless to say the Defender appeared to be in scathed but the D2 walked away with a broken front driver side blinker, crack in the bumper and some scratches.

The event was to short and it seemed as though people left to early because of that winter storm advisory warning. When I saw Justin of lucky 8 loading up his trailer I knew that was a sign of an early end. But it was still very fin indeed and I had a blast hanging out with everyone and learning what my truck can do. I did not get to do as much trailing as the heavy weights and that bums me out. Wish I could have acquired tire chains but was not able to. Chains probably would have enabled me yo venture further and for longer.

Sucks I did not get to meet you. By the time I got to Big G's each morning most folks were already gone and on the trails. At one point Justin had his D3 parked on the side of the main road where some construction was going on. I pulled in to say hi. Where you with him at the time?

Are you planing on attending the overland event in October? Forgot what its called but I think its in Vermont and I heard it could over $100 to get in. I hope to attend so if you or any other forum members attend I hope to meet up with you and say hi.

Old 05-03-2015, 11:15 PM
Super Moderator

We talked a few times, I'm not as memorable as Justin lol

Don't think I'll be at a event in October in VT. I'll be at Rovers on the Rocks I'm sure.

Last edited by ArmyRover; 05-03-2015 at 11:17 PM.
Old 05-05-2015, 07:39 PM
TReK

We talked a few times, I'm not as memorable as Justin lol

Don't think I'll be at a event in October in VT. I'll be at Rovers on the Rocks I'm sure.

Hmm we met and talked? I do not recall. Where about did we meet? What did ya look like? and yeah Justin and his co worker do kinda stand out to anybody familiar with their products and their youtube channel. Justin was pretty cool and Im glad I got to meet him. He actually gave me a brand new recovery strap for free! I wanted to do a interview with him but we had a hard time being in the same place at the same time, plus he left early which dampened my hopes for an interview.

Rovers on the Rocks? How many LR events are there each year on the east coast? I never paid much attention to events because I was never in a position to attend. Winter Romp 2015 was the first event I was willing and able to attend. Well sucks you wont be attending the Vermont Overland event. Thats probably the last event Ill be able to attend on the east coast.... I should be returning to NH in early October so Ill just barely be able to attend the event. Hopfully my D2 will be 100% by that time.

Old 05-05-2015, 08:36 PM
Super Moderator

I was with Justin when he gave you the strap, and when we talked on the side of the road.

Old 05-07-2015, 09:53 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Nice pics!
Sometimes I wish I lived in a climate where we'd get snow like that.....

Old 05-20-2015, 03:59 PM
TReK
Default Update

No pictures for a little while but the good news is that I've been corresponding with Turner Engineering and have decided to invest in one of their remanufactured stripped short block 4.6 engines. We are in the process of setting up a payment plan agreement! Basically I'll send them payments until the engine is paid in full then they ship the engine to my trusted mechanics shop. I'll keep everyone posted.

Precariously I spoke with my mechanic and countless other people who all agreed that it would be more affordable in the long run and a better option to not even bother tearing my engine apart to diagnosis and rebuilt it if it did need it. Because even rebuilt it may still fail down the road and I would be back to square one. Turner seems to have one hell of a reputation and they are in England so I trust I'm making the best decision...

Quick Reply: The official TRIARII build