Build Threads Create a build thread to compile pictures and descriptions of your LR build.

Pimpin' my ride

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 10:49 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Love that sexy bumper. Bet you could do well making and selling those!!!

Last edited by Danny Lee 97 Disco; 10-12-2010 at 08:28 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:57 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Incredible job on the DI. Just incredible.

I really love the look of the roof of the DI/DII without those annoying / useless roofbars, if I drop the headliner I will do the same for sure.
I don't think there is anyway to remove them without dropping the headliner.

The 35" military tires look amazing, wish I could fit that size on my DI without having to change almost all the drive train, I'm gonna have to settle for 265x75R16, apparently the biggest size you could run without having any major work done.

Thank you for taking the time to share.

Old 10-12-2010, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Disc01

I really love the look of the roof of the DI/DII without those annoying / useless roofbars, if I drop the headliner I will do the same for sure.

The 35" military tires look amazing, wish I could fit that size on my DI without having to change almost all the drive train, I'm gonna have to settle for 265x75R16, apparently the biggest size you could run without having any major work done.

Can you say reciprocating saw?

Old 10-13-2010, 08:18 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I am running 245/75-16's and I rub a little. Not sure how you are going to get 265's under it with no lift... it is going to rub...

Old 10-13-2010, 11:52 AM
3rd Gear

I really like the customer bumper work you did on the 01'! The built in 'd' rings fit right in and the wrap around to the front fenders gives it an agressive but not obnoxious look....goodonya for the attention to detail!!

Old 10-13-2010, 12:07 PM
Mudding
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Why don't you use the fron holes to install a bar between them? You can route the wiring trough those holes and the interior of the tube. If you can do that, you will have a very nice looking fog lamps.

I think you can get something similar to this:

Last edited by johnkbl; 10-13-2010 at 12:10 PM.
Old 10-13-2010, 06:22 PM

That is one AWESOME RIDE.

Old 10-13-2010, 06:33 PM
4wd Low

Originally Posted by Danny Lee 97 Disco
Can you say reciprocating saw?
I thought the nuts/bolts I would cut off with the saw will be left inside the headliner and just jiggle around at every bump ? And if I cannot get a perfect flush cut and they stick out I was concerned about water/snow weatherproofing ?

Originally Posted by okdiscoguy
I am running 245/75-16's and I rub a little. Not sure how you are going to get 265's under it with no lift... it is going to rub...
In that order, except if some %$%$@^% come up in between:
-I have my front calipers /brake lines to replace (will order needed parts this WE)
-Flush radiator and replace cooling fluid with some zerex G5
-Replace shocks/springs with a HD 2/3" lift(the truck is 13yo with 135k and the suspension system is still the original one.... I would like to get the RTE or Terrafirma HD springs, may be with some disconnecting cones associated to some Bilstein extended travel 7000 series shocks)
-Fender flares (still don't know wich one to get, I would love to achieve something close to the DII or LR3 look, more "round" than square on the top and more "progressive/slick" look)
-New tires (planning on getting the new general grabber red lettering)
-Front bumper (something massive pushbar/hummer style, the current bumper didn't like the last animal encounter).
-Rear bumper, I am gonna get ride of the spare wheel on the rear door and put the spare inside on the floor to lower the center of gravity with the lift (already removed the rear seats and I am gonna remove the 2 jump seats as well to make room for tools) I would like to get a slimmer rear bumper the current original/step style is useless and it would improve the rear angle as well.
Somewhere along the line, before getting the front bumper I am planning on making a custom aluminum grill kinda like this one : http://www.al-eds.com/blog/wp-conten...x650-small.jpg and trying to get the DII headlights to fit the DI.

Why don't you use the fron holes to install a bar between them? You can route the wiring trough those holes and the interior of the tube. If you can do that, you will have a very nice looking fog lamps.
I would rather try to avoid anything on the top, I usually roam around dense wooded aera and I come back home with branches all the time (one of the reason for taking the roof bars off).
I would like to get ride of the sunroofs and the roof rear windows (can't remember the correct name, sorry, in the SE7 the rear A/C is going throught the driver side rear roof windows and I will need to find a way to get ride of it as well). I am always afraid that a branch will smatch throught one them.

Old 10-13-2010, 06:41 PM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would like to get ride of the sunroofs and the roof rear windows (can't remember the correct name, sorry, in the SE7 the rear A/C is going throught the driver side rear roof windows and I will need to find a way to get ride of it as well). I am always afraid that a branch will smatch throught one them.
Those are called alpine windows. They seem pretty tough and most guys don't have problems with them so I wouldn't worry too much about them if I were you. Until you knock one out I would focus on the rest of the list. I think the Camel Trophy Trucks came with them and they made it just fine. Just my $0.02

Old 10-13-2010, 06:53 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This thread has lost it's focus....

Quick Reply: Pimpin' my ride