Build Threads Create a build thread to compile pictures and descriptions of your LR build.

Super Model With Bad Crack Habit Rehab Build-

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2019, 05:01 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Thanks Army!

No shortage of tire kickers yesterday........lol.

Old 05-28-2019, 01:35 PM
Mudding
Received 148 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Detoured Discovey
Cool.
Is that a big deal?
It might be in my future as reverse can be hard to find.
Whats the best online source for info out there? I guess I'm asking about forums....
The clutch slave really isn't too bad - you can get to it through an access cover, just have to remove a bunch of hoses to get to the cover. I've liked saabnet.com for info - not super easy to search for it, but it's usually there. Saab 900 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com is the area for classic 900's.

The following users liked this post:
Detoured Discovey (05-28-2019)
Old 05-28-2019, 06:20 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Thanks T-rex!

Well boys.....it took less than 24 hours and spent only 6 hours 'For Sale'..........

He was warned........but did it anyway.

He bought 5 near new tires & got a free Land Rover.....even brought two buddies over and crawled
around it like they missed a present under the Christmas Tree......I must have done everything right.

I truly appreciate the help you guys & this forum has offered me over the past 4-5 years......I'd mention
names but would leave someone out......truely the foam on the beer was 'Scouts, Army & Fish'....but truly
appreciate everyone who has chimed in thru out this thread, positive or not. Was it my 1st & last Rover?
Probably not, I'll continue to search for something 'older' that I can build 'my way', bastardize, get creative
with and maybe put my kid in when he turns 16........Stay tuned and THANK YOU!!!!!

Old 05-28-2019, 08:00 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 399 Likes on 383 Posts

Awesome, and you where worried....... they'll probably show up on the "forum"...... now that would be fun. Don't be a stranger even though you just bought a Nike shoe for a car.

Old 05-28-2019, 08:23 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Thanks Doug, not worried.........just a little sensitive....I gave him an honest warning,
much like my UK friends gave me.
Shoe box and I just returned from NC with a 1,000% rust free Chrysler Town & Country
for very short $$$$.........The rust up here is discouraging....the struggle is real. I'm on
the circuit daily looking for projects....sort of discouraging......I should just continue to read the Virginia,
Georgia craigslist.......took 3 months to grab that shoe box garage find.....liking it or not.

I want to thank you in writing for your support & humor in this past LR experience, you were my
number 1 guy over the years......I appreciate you and if I can ever refer the young lad with the
erectile dysfunction who purchased for short money I would.......But, this thread isn't exactly
positive...........told him I'm hated on the interweb........LMAO!!

Old 05-28-2019, 09:13 PM
Camel Trophy

Swiss cheesed metal aint any fun, just ask Brian on his third DII. I'm looking at pinching off the Heep as soon as I find a better example, it's too far gone underneath to do anything serious with. I'd like to see the land yacht you just purloined though, been awhile. They where the size of aircraft carriers back in the day. Your welcome and I had many laughs right along with..... you do excellent work, the pics said volumes about your skills and desire to kill. I'm searching not quite as far away for decent metal, Ohio CL's. They're weird folks but they rat hole vehicles par excellence down there. You aint hated, despised but not hated...... it's your breath, they have mints for that.

Old 05-28-2019, 10:07 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,478 Likes on 1,206 Posts

Find a Rover in the Augusta area you need checked out let me know

Detoured Discovey (05-29-2019)
Old 05-29-2019, 07:39 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Doug......My Rover was from OHIO........It's rust belt bad, lot's of calcium chloride and they don't
mix their salt with sand..(idiots)...You want a photo of the Saab?? (land yacht?)

Will do Army, looking for something with some age....

A 4 door 64 Binder just came up for sale here, 4x4......I'd be tempted but I already owned one, it
would be a hell of a kool project for someone.....lift it, swap in a diesel, kids would be hitting up
their parents for a 2 year advance on their allowance!

Photo of my lovely wife sizing up my last 4 door Binder.......I'd take 2 cartons of smokes & a goat if anyone is interested in her,
comes with syco paperwork....

Old 05-29-2019, 09:56 AM
TReK
Received 417 Likes on 349 Posts

Bon voyage Detoured D. Thank you for one of the most entertaining threads ever on LRF.

We'll leave the door open, you'll be back.

Detoured Discovey (05-30-2019)
Old 05-29-2019, 07:26 PM
Camel Trophy

Guess I'll be looking near Augusta......... cuz Pat's got nothing to do........

I'd never trade my goat. Been awhile since I've seen an arms folded stink eye, brings back fond memories....... and you have to know I'd not let that go without really driving the needle deeper..... until there was an O.D. of wonderful, happy feelings. Hell, I'd name the truck after my ex, paint it on. Did she think she married a Doctor or what? You need an intervention....... any clubs nearby?

Quick Reply: Super Model With Bad Crack Habit Rehab Build-