Build Threads Create a build thread to compile pictures and descriptions of your LR build.

Super Model With Bad Crack Habit Rehab Build-

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 08:38 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,485 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by Detoured Discovey
It's all good.......
Last time I plugged into the ECU and shared some photo's of the readings with 'Scouts, it said one of my o2 Sensors was over 2300 degree's.....if that was actually the case, I don't think I'd still be driving it 7 months later with out changing a thing.....

I have brand new mechanical gauges & pillar mount I need to install, I'll have a look at it once I install them....(I only bought the set up 5 months ago..ugg)
I'll block off, take a looky, then open up....take another looky......I guess I now have an additional reason to complete that install.

Meanwhile.......took a few minutes to do this.......

Indoors, no out side breeze, cut good quality (not toilet paper) paper towel into 3/4" strips....applied with tape, photographed at idle.......

Those aren't light, stringy little streamers......and that's at low idle, no skinny pedal was applied at any time. Placement, directly getting rid of heat where it's attempted to be cooled, taking advantage of the cooling fans....all key.

Hopefully this paints a clearer picture of what's happening....it can only help.

Man your truck really blows.....

The following users liked this post:
Detoured Discovey (09-13-2016)
Old 09-13-2016, 06:37 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Thank you for the morning laugh Army!

'Scout's is right, needle moves, mine moves quite freely, was experiencing a bit of what he described, but over longer idling periods.

Yesterday, better air quality, lower dew point, temps only in the high 80's...(nice!).....needle never made it to half way......1/2 way is it's normal operating area.....I'm about done with this subject.

Really need to change me oil........ <-----Note to self.

Last edited by Detoured Discovey; 09-13-2016 at 06:38 AM. Reason: spell
Old 09-17-2016, 07:21 AM
Super Moderator
Received 226 Likes on 196 Posts

These look great, u can get a pair of plastic hood louver vents on amazon for like $8 free shipping

Old 09-17-2016, 10:35 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 225 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by TOM R
These look great, u can get a pair of plastic hood louver vents on amazon for like $8 free shipping
Got a link? Everythingis either pretty pricey or purely decorative.

Old 09-17-2016, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator
Received 1,485 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by Detoured Discovey
Thank you for the morning laugh Army!

'Scout's is right, needle moves, mine moves quite freely, was experiencing a bit of what he described, but over longer idling periods.

Yesterday, better air quality, lower dew point, temps only in the high 80's...(nice!).....needle never made it to half way......1/2 way is it's normal operating area.....I'm about done with this subject.

Really need to change me oil........ <-----Note to self.

I do what I can.

Old 09-17-2016, 03:43 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by TOM R
Never ever found 8 dolla louvers worth 3 dolla's......post up the link!!

Old 09-17-2016, 04:54 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Long over due oil change complete!

Mechanical gauges on a pillar temporarily installed and functioning!

I'm going to pull them down, lower, wire the lighting and do a total respray when time permits.....but, up and running!!

Don't judge that install yet, just temporary placement/set up.

Old 09-18-2016, 08:21 AM
Super Moderator
Received 226 Likes on 196 Posts

Says decorative but they are open https://www.amazon.com/Astra-Depot-C...s=hood+louvers

If this set is not open I'm sure u can open them
https://www.amazon.com/Neverland-Dec...s=hood+louvers

Last edited by TOM R; 09-18-2016 at 08:23 AM.
Old 09-18-2016, 11:11 AM
Recovery Vehicle

The first one's beg to be dragged over a block of cheddar cheese......

Many of those would work, I like the set that are off set.

Shipping's from Hong Kong, explains pricing......for that little of money, I say why not.

Old 09-22-2016, 07:34 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Call me analog man, I'm kool with that over 1979 computer tech.......

Here's the deal over '2' low 90's days.....

Late afternoons.......mechanical gauge read 125 degrees.......'both' days, under the hood, in direct sun.....like the cabin, expect higher temps but I wasn't expecting this......it was just sitting in the sun, that's why you don't leave your weasel under the hood......Blew my mind!

I actually LOST heat by driving by 7 degrees, factory gauge held steady thru-out this.......little above 1/2, but normal by LR standards....

8 miles out, twice in two days..........the mechanical gauge lowered by 7 degree's by new air flow.........factory gauge....FLAT....

Then..........BOOM! My lazy thermostat opened.........I need a new thermostat.........proof positive, saving the motor by analog.......stick that in your ob2 and light it twice........after all......Lucas was a pot head & dropped blotter.......

Call me bad, but the results are good over your computed results that would not catch this kind of crap off the block.....the analog gage sold me a new thermo'......none of the computer crap showed me what the analog gage showed..............One small step for man, one step misguided for those who believe in..........what they previously thought???? Dunno........

Quick Reply: Super Model With Bad Crack Habit Rehab Build-