Build Threads Create a build thread to compile pictures and descriptions of your LR build.

Super Model With Bad Crack Habit Rehab Build-

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 07:10 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

On a side note........if that found part has anything to do with anything BUT the stereo system..........what are the chances of ever getting a correct code reading?......Oh Lord..

Old 01-08-2017, 07:11 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,266 Likes on 892 Posts

Originally Posted by Detoured Discovey
So, while pulling up the carpet I found this flux capacitor under it.....open wire on all 3 ends.......what do you think- spare part, whoops I dropped it, or other?

TIP31B: NPN Bipolar Power Transistor

Does your rig have an aftermarket radio or sound system, seems like this part would be of that type of system. Sorry, no time travel for you.

Brian.

The following users liked this post:
Detoured Discovey (01-08-2017)
Old 01-08-2017, 08:19 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 401 Likes on 385 Posts

It is Bi-Polar though.......

The only area where I found a UR (blue/red) wire was in the lighting circuit - high beam/low beam, parking lights..... it kinda sorta looks like something from the late 90's but then again who knows. Rover wouldn't just leave it hanging without a cover and theres no mounting provision so it would've been inside a box. Maybe someone decided to beat the snot out of a Rover part on the floor and that's what's left. I know I've wanted to a couple of times.

The following users liked this post:
Detoured Discovey (01-08-2017)
Old 01-08-2017, 10:32 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Wait, what?..........Useful, investigative, knowledgeable information concerning a do-dad found under the carpet of a Rova?.......Hot damn, I thought I lost you guys!! Someone, before my time, yet it was a one owner, so the previous owner did have a tricked out system in the truck.......'most' of it was removed by previous owner, what was left smoked the what I thought was stock system, only learning this and finding left over components & wires. Learned this only after I started to attempt to upgrade what I thought was a stock system.

So...........Deputy's theory could come into play, the carpet had been lifted to run wires I later found.......
Good call! Never thought to look up the number!

Lighting.........good thought, good observation....as to date, no issue's with lighting.....except the door jam moment switch on the same side in the A pillar. There too the spade connection separated from the wire leaving a bare, open ended wire which gave the truck a spooky ghost like effect with the interior lights going on and off thru-out the evenings, resulting in a dead battery time and time again until I discovered the bare naked lady connection.....

Coincidence?..........Dunno. Really don't feel like going out there and looking as it's 11 degrees.......

Last edited by Detoured Discovey; 01-08-2017 at 10:36 AM.
Old 01-08-2017, 11:14 AM
Recovery Vehicle

CL cracks me up.......guy states this is a 96 and dosen't want any scammers....

Anyways, I'm totally confused............the tail lights vs. lug nut pattern vs. head lights vs. that's one hell of a transitional year......

Old 01-08-2017, 12:29 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 401 Likes on 385 Posts

The fact that they have internet and this is what they turned out is telling me everything I'll ever need to know. Wish em the best of luck and hope they find a cure for whatever they're suffering from.

Old 01-08-2017, 01:32 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 142 Likes on 113 Posts

Wow. 03-04 headlights....99-02 taillights....on a D1. I kinda like it. I hated my 04 head lights. I was constantly buffing them and worried I was gonna break one. They aren't cheap. I do like how they look. I wonder how they fitted the rear quarter sections for the taillights. That's a ton of work I bet.

Last edited by Shiftonthefly1; 01-08-2017 at 01:37 PM.
Old 01-08-2017, 03:40 PM
Recovery Vehicle

My thoughts are it's a D2 due to front flare/size of side turn light & moving those tail lights simply aren't worth it.......with D1 Axles and 2003 head lights which look like they almost fit......but the fender needs to be notched more so they lay back further....

It's $1400 bucks, sold the rack, dirty inside, not a single good picture......but that head light conversion has me wanting to go sneak a peak....

Oh Wait....He was Clear......NO SCAMMERS..........

Old 01-08-2017, 03:52 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Feeling slightly better, hell I've been sleeping since 1pm Thursday.......I made my way out to the Rova in the shop to go get some fixen's.........been craving clams & linguine......She really loves this dry, Canadian air.....either that or she showed me some love for the floor repairs.......bit quieter in the cabin now as well, and things are no longer hitting my left foot..........

Old 01-08-2017, 04:29 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 142 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Detoured Discovey
My thoughts are it's a D2 due to front flare/size of side turn light & moving those tail lights simply aren't worth it.......with D1 Axles and 2003 head lights which look like they almost fit......but the fender needs to be notched more so they lay back further....

It's $1400 bucks, sold the rack, dirty inside, not a single good picture......but that head light conversion has me wanting to go sneak a peak....

Oh Wait....He was Clear......NO SCAMMERS..........
No definitely a D1. Door handles are D1.Youd have to swap the doors over. Then the body lines wouldn't match. The body lines are different in a D2. Plus the rear overhang is short. Not long like a D2. You can't fake that.

Either way for 1300...kinda neat.

Quick Reply: Super Model With Bad Crack Habit Rehab Build-