Build Threads Create a build thread to compile pictures and descriptions of your LR build.

Super Model With Bad Crack Habit Rehab Build-

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 04:21 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 235 Likes on 172 Posts

Ha ha. This could get fun.

Old 09-14-2017, 04:24 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

All righty then........here's the short version of the long winded explanation of our recent adventure........(and you thought Rova's were bad...lol)

Sold the property in Kentucky......the closing was strung out for 2.5 weeks BEYOND the proposed date........ugh, remember....I'm self employed and had to shut down a business.......extreme burden....but it finally happened, went into debt obviously.....but resurfaced........in the end I think I bought back 8 customers, clean slate, clean start......let's roll!
I had 2 days to clean a shop out, pack a house....all into U-Haul's largest truck, if it wasn't for my Amish neighbors, who packed EVERYTHING.......it would not have happened.....Sold off a lot of equipment in advance, left some furniture behind....but it happened!

Yes......I dragged the Rova for the ride, it was pretty much a 'RED LINE' express ride as the U-haul was red lined up the mountains and thanks to the double engaging exhaust brake......red lined down the mountains.......we had to go east at one point to get away from the up & down terrain............exhausting haul......I got the U-haul with 25k on the clock, we were sooooo heavy and over loaded, it probably was turned in with 93k worth of wear!! What a ride!

Old 09-14-2017, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,478 Likes on 1,206 Posts

Ok so where did you move?

Old 09-14-2017, 04:39 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 235 Likes on 172 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by ArmyRover
Ok so where did you move?
The punch line might be: Next door!

Old 09-14-2017, 04:57 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Okay........so how's this for big ***** and ovaries.......we bought a bank owned home off the internet (basically) sight unseen (basically) cash, done, and did'nt even look at it before the closing.......(did'nt want to know if it was a boy or a girl)...........Vacant for '3' years..........Giddy da'fauk up!!

Well..............................

For 25.5k.......I'd do it again in a heart beat!!!!
We're DONE......no mortgage and the taxes are $1300 a year.

Saving grace is I have very, very good people here from years back from a former marriage....Our first walk in.......it wasn't bad.....not a bad house at all.

Old 09-14-2017, 05:11 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Okay.....so thus far........25.5K for the property/house/barn.....
Plumber....1,100.00.....broken pipes, new water heater, etc.....
Roofer.....6,500.00....full blown metal roof on the house's 3 roofs.....
Carpet.......I'm in around 1k.....
Appliances.......less than 1,200......easy......in black.
Heat.......currently unknown but there are crazy options here! I have reserve budget......
Rover.......an ungodly amount of time and expense to bring up to Maine standards for rust.......no sniff test! Should have forced it on Doug!!!!!

Old 09-14-2017, 05:15 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,163 Likes on 839 Posts

If we moved and used a U-haul that size...my wife would have to leave everything of hers behind.

Or me (and my important/cool stuff)...lol.

But, that's just one of those bridges will cross someday.

Happy to hear you had a successful move and the rover got drug along for good measure. Did you drop the rear shaft for the journey?

Side note...and a goal if you have the stomach for it...my record for lobsters was set, seven in one day, in Bar Harbor. Happy eating!

Brian.

Old 09-14-2017, 05:21 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,163 Likes on 839 Posts

Also, what's that guy holding in his hands (on the side of the truck), looks disgusting.

Old 09-14-2017, 05:31 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Just took the family to ba' harba' last weekend, I've lived up her prior, they have not.....ate dock side and came out $130 lighter in the wallet. Stopped in to Geddy's for a fresh tee shirt as I was kicked out of there 1987ish......lol....this is old stomping grounds for me.......

So anywhooooo.........We're in Corinna Maine, gateway to the Moosehead Lake Region (Greenville) and pretty much digging it!!! Absolutely nothing is 100% up and running here yet, just ordered carpet today! Shop is under total rehab, I've never worked harder on a daily basis in my life.....it's fauking killer while at the same time trying to get away every other weekend.......First week here after signing, we stayed in a buddy's 30 foot camper on his 115 acres........I mean, you could say those are poor conditions.......BUT HOW??!!!?? LOL!!

Way, way too much to talk about.........so it's time to shut up.......would we do it again? ABSOL****INLUTELY!!!!!!!!!!!! Will the Rova pass inspection......NO

I'll leave it at that..............Life's a ride, not a living room!!!!!!

Old 09-14-2017, 05:36 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by The Deputy
Also, what's that guy holding in his hands (on the side of the truck), looks disgusting.
New Jersey Iron Oar.........guess it was an industry at one time? There are towns in PA you can not access from the same industry gone wrong.....Google it!!!

Quick Reply: Super Model With Bad Crack Habit Rehab Build-