Defender Talk about the Land Rover Defender within.

Defender Questions?!?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2020, 08:32 AM
Drifting
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Rover, wish I could wrench myself, but when it comes to bumper and tire carrier replacement, or if any drilling is necessary, I’m going to leave that to someone who really knows what they are doing. I am far too risk adverse to trust myself on working on key parts where safety is involved.

I’m going to trust a shop with some pros who could even think about the things that I’ve failed to even consider. Small things like brakes, placing the air compressor, adding the HAM and CB with wiring, etc, I will take care of those things in the garage.

If I go LR4, know I want a winch and likely Kaymar rear bumper replacement while saving the parking sensors and backup camera somehow, so British Truck Repair, or The Shop are who I plan to consult if I go that route.

May wait until end of year next year for a Defender year end clearance, but no idea how I can option it at that point. Do they come here bare, then the dealer adds packages and options such as the front protection and/or winch and skid plate?

Old 05-20-2020, 09:28 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 389 Likes on 316 Posts

Reviving years old threads is kinda fun don't you think!! The seed is there, just add water and sunlight and BAM!

The following users liked this post:
BamaCountry (05-20-2020)
Old 05-20-2020, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator
Received 1,485 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by BamaCountry
Rover, wish I could wrench myself, but when it comes to bumper and tire carrier replacement, or if any drilling is necessary, I’m going to leave that to someone who really knows what they are doing. I am far too risk adverse to trust myself on working on key parts where safety is involved.

I’m going to trust a shop with some pros who could even think about the things that I’ve failed to even consider. Small things like brakes, placing the air compressor, adding the HAM and CB with wiring, etc, I will take care of those things in the garage.

If I go LR4, know I want a winch and likely Kaymar rear bumper replacement while saving the parking sensors and backup camera somehow, so British Truck Repair, or The Shop are who I plan to consult if I go that route.

May wait until end of year next year for a Defender year end clearance, but no idea how I can option it at that point. Do they come here bare, then the dealer adds packages and options such as the front protection and/or winch and skid plate?
The front bumper is literally 8 bolts with captive nuts to install it. You can do it no sweat. Just need to have a bit of faith in yourself. Admittedly a winch bumper is a bit heavy. Taking off the factory bumper is easy as well. Little time little patience and you will score a win

The following users liked this post:
BamaCountry (05-20-2020)