Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

*help needed**

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 12:46 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *help needed**

*looking for help*
So recently i had to put a new alternator in my discovery 1, before the new alternator was put in i had turn the car on to drive 20 mimutes down the road, then had stopped and turned the car off for 5minutes and had gone to turn it back on but wouldnt start and the radiatorfan started running.so afterthat we realised the alternator was stuffed and i now have a new alternator in and new battery .havnt had any problems for a couple of months, except for today i hopped in drove for 10 minutes stopped quickly went to start it and it wouldnt start and the radiator fan was running even when thr keys werent in it ?.does anyone know what could be causing this... ? I really hope it isnt the alternator again as it was brand new. Only known problems of the car is at random times when i engaged on the accelerator mainly when im on the highway usually around 80 i will lose full power of the car fir a second until i take my foot of the accelerator, we are yet to check/change the spark plugs and leads, and we thought maby a new coil pack.?... Please any help or suggestions will be uselful. Thanks in advance

Old 02-20-2019, 06:23 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 365 Likes on 284 Posts

The fan may be running due to engine temps, which isn’t necessarily normal but is a possibility and would be unrelated to the no start if you only stopped for a very short time. You can try cleaning your battery terminals. You should definitely put a voltmeter on them, should be 12ish with the vehicle off and close to 14 when running. That would tell you I’d your charging system is in proper shape. More info is required on the no start. Did it crank and not start or did the key do nothing? Did any other accessories work at that time; headlights, radio, turn signals, etc?