Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

98' in junk yard help me make list.

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 06:16 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98' in junk yard help me make list.

So I just looked and a 98' disco(i drive a 98) is in my local pull yard. would yall help me think of some things i should go ahead and pull for spare parts.

so far these are the parts I have thought of some are currently needed some are just some $$$$$$$ parts to have around just in case.

4.0 motor
MAF
axle shafts
cv joints
transfer case
rotors if decent(brakes all destroyed their rotors recently)
seat switches
rear bumper(my lse bumper took a hit from a drunk driver and trail rides.
radiator-24.50$ why the hell not who knows. good rad man here in town
hubs
jack
alternator
battery( for dual battery and winch)
spare rim (replace my stolen boost wheel)

Im in TN and plan to go this am right after I get off here in a few minutes and yard opens please shoot me some suggestions yall might have for spare parts. Also if anyone is needing any junked parts send me a message real quick and ill see if I can rip them off while im there, ship/pickup at your cost.

Old 03-08-2013, 11:13 AM
4wd Low
Default Junk Pulls

I will buy the power seat switches from you - :-)

Don't think used old rotors are a good investment. It is a big job to replace them and if the new-old ones are bad you will have to do it all again.

I would pull the brake pedal light switch (the top one) and keep in the car. I was recently stranded with a bad one.

Grab the window modulator board - behind the glove box

If not too expensive, the ignition coil bank is always good to have.

Grab a couple of the interior lights - the rear one always breaks (I need one of those too).

Old 03-15-2013, 12:19 AM
Mudding

Rappo, there was one seat switch. Yes I have a spare break switch had that issue already. I got lucky the rotors were new with new pads(not that I'm going to use old pads)!!!!! They were drilled and slotted rotors as well. They had just been put on about a week before the PO got into a wreck. I have to return to yard this weekend to finish motor removal the coil pack will come with it.

All those that sent pm for parts I will inventory my parts by end of weekend and decide what's for sale and what I'm keeping. Unfortunately some of these parts were meant for spares for myself especially high $$$ items so some will not be for sale. I will respond via PM at end of weekend as I am also working night shift all weekend, so my day walking time will be short. I wi prob return to yard on Saturday this weekend . If any other parts are need please PM me before then I will check that am for anymore pmS.