Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

AB Request for Group Discount

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 01:51 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not giving them my business is no sweat off my back. I can get things cheaper locally and 9 times out of 10 they are the same part. Only reason I would buy anything from them is if they are going to help all my fellow LRF enthusiasts.

Working in the biz I get employee pricing at the local LR dealership who have been excellent to me for LR specific parts and Import Car Parts gives me the cheapest price possible. It is up to AB to convince me to shop there. I have not bought anything from them yet.

Old 04-20-2011, 09:32 PM
Baja
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Guys get real

I still think their response was rather flippant to say the least.

They are not the only Rover Speci8fic supplier out there, I prefer Rovers North over AB.

So they have effectively lost my business unless they have something I need that nobody else offers, period.

You guys do what you feel is correct. SWOT is a valid Strategic Planning and Analysis Tool. What sucks is their attitude and a few others displayed as well.

Old 04-21-2011, 10:38 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Danny Lee 97 Disco
I still think their response was rather flippant to say the least.

They are not the only Rover Speci8fic supplier out there, I prefer Rovers North over AB.

So they have effectively lost my business unless they have something I need that nobody else offers, period.

You guys do what you feel is correct. SWOT is a valid Strategic Planning and Analysis Tool. What sucks is their attitude and a few others displayed as well.
There are many good suppliers, I agree, and AB is one of them. I just don't see how they've lost your business or why. I don't work for AB and i'm not partial to them (I order from at least 5 different suppliers). Maybe I'm missing something or they are giving you the bird through PM's, but I don't see Rovers North, BP of Utah or the other guys making an attempt to join the forums and hear what you have to say and consider your personal request for more tailored savings. If they were on here, I'd assume a similar initial response from them too.

Old 04-21-2011, 10:47 AM
Baja

Reread their answer. They are basically saying "Don't call us, we'll take our sweet time if we do anything at all." Did not like their attitude and that is why I choose not to even consider them unless absolutely the only choice. Brandon what don't you understand about that?

Old 04-21-2011, 11:43 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Danny Lee 97 Disco
Reread their answer. They are basically saying "Don't call us, we'll take our sweet time if we do anything at all." Did not like their attitude and that is why I choose not to even consider them unless absolutely the only choice. Brandon what don't you understand about that?
So you are upset with them because of HOW they told you no? Or because they won't just give you an extra 15% off because you asked? You brought up SWOT analysis yet forget that the entire point of that process is figure out how to bring in more money...and giving away an extra 15% of your profit margin isn't always the best way to do that. Call me crazy.

Besides, if you give a mouse a cookie...

Are Rovers North and the others fielding your requests and calls and giving you special attention discounts? If not, why are they any better?

Old 04-21-2011, 12:22 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

haha, you dont get off that easy! Finish that story, if you give a mouse a cookie...what? I'm dying to know

Old 04-25-2011, 05:48 PM
Baja

Brandon, I'll reiterate for you.

1.Any group, if they act in concert has purchasing power as a group that an individual does not have. I was merely attempting to harness that power for all of "US".

2. I suggested that everyone contact them, I do not know how many members this forum has, it fluctuates significantly. And I do not know how many people did take the time to IM them.

3. We all have the potentail to make rather significant purchases as a typical buy for anything major can be hundreds of dollars. So this could be quite a difference in monthly sales if all of us are throwing our buys to the same vendor. If I were selling Rover parts, that would draw my attention.

4. Several of you talked about group buy vs group discount, These are two distictly different aspects. I was hoping for a flat discount sort of like AAA or AARP membership gets you at lots of places. A group purchase would be if a min number of people all wanted to buy something significant like a winch and bumper combo, which they should offer as well if they were wanting to increase their business.

5. i have lots of free time and was offering to coordinate this for the group, however, people like you tell me SWOT sucks and so forth. Why attack me for my efforts dude? What have you offered to do?

They were the first one I was suggesting and that was because they took the move to join.

I was truly put off by the arrogance of their reply, that no matter how many request they got basically they were not making much effort to respond, especially not timely.

If you want to deal with them go ahead. I choose not to and that is all I have to say on that subject. if you cannot offer any better input than "IT SUCKS" then that is exactly how I feel about your response as well and will not continue a battle of wits with an obviously unarmed opponent.

Last edited by Danny Lee 97 Disco; 04-25-2011 at 06:02 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:54 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The ball is in their court. If they choose to act then they get my biz. I am on hold right now as I have a sick 88 944 I am fixing. But in the next month I will be ordering parts.

I agree with you Danny. They canned their response. I was attemting to show them I care about their decision as well as it would benefit us all. If they choose not to then it is purely their loss.

Old 04-25-2011, 06:08 PM
Baja

Originally Posted by ColoDisco
The ball is in their court. If they choose to act then they get my biz. I am on hold right now as I have a sick 88 944 I am fixing. But in the next month I will be ordering parts.

I agree with you Danny. They canned their response. I was attemting to show them I care about their decision as well as it would benefit us all. If they choose not to then it is purely their loss.

Thanks, I wish I had a 944, miss my 928 and 420SEL.

Any corporation that cannot act quickly when a real opportunity presents itself has some significant Strategic Planning/Strategic Management Issues. AB response was definitely ARROGANT BULLSH*T. THEY DON'T CARE HOW MANY REQUEST THEY GET??? IT TAKES LOTS OF TIME TO MAKE SUCH A CHANGE???? F*CK THEM!!!!!

I DON'T SEE WHY ANY OF YOU GUYS WOULD DEFEND THAT RESPONSE!!!

Old 04-25-2011, 06:09 PM
Baja

Wider customer base, more large orders, repeat business, let's see what else are they ignoring???? US

Quick Reply: AB Request for Group Discount