Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

AB Request for Group Discount

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 07:13 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Here is the trick to ordering online, buy other crap too.
The shipping rate goes up in small increments after you hit the first 1lb.
So order a screw, shipping is $15.
Add to that a oil filter, shipping is $15.
Add a another oil filter and shipping is now $16.50.
See my point? Anytime you order online you need to do your homework.

Old 05-22-2011, 07:40 PM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Spike555
I know, I do 50% of my shopping on-line, was just a bit taken aback by their response.

Old 05-23-2011, 10:47 AM
TReK
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by adigerol77
So here's RL's answer after I asked why shipping was so much for the sunroof screw assembly. Guess I won't be using them ever.

These are in our computer as 2 oz.......fedex rounds that off to 1 LB........not sure where you are......i just entered a seattle zip code which would be the furthest point from tampa.
that came out $15.
since these are the smallest thing we sell and shipping is ridiculous, we always add an
extra one to the order.
our regular customers realize we are fair and compassionate. you probably would be
better served by the dealer. good luck getting compassion from them though.

Parts Dept

Roverland Parts, Inc
Seems consistent with most online sellers.

Old 05-23-2011, 03:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Spike555
I agree with Spike, buy in quanity and save money. As for Atlantic British, I agree that a discount of the sort would be a win win situation for everyone. If AB puts their foot in the door, we all and I mean all of us will flock to them like a magnet! Their business would increase rapidly.

On a second note I would not be so quick to turn my back on AB. I just ordered a new brake master cylinder with abs, 16 oil pan bolts and washers, oil pan drain plug washer and new bonnet release cables... The shipping for everything wad about $12! And I live way up in New Hampshire!!! For the record I did add a comment in the "additional commensurate section before the checkout confirmation page: "I'm a member of landroverforums.com". Just wanted to remind them of our presence...

Old 05-23-2011, 03:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now I ordered 8 bolts and 4 nuts for my new driveshaft from roversnorth and the total ended up being $56.00!!! Shipping was between $15-20! And they are only 3 hour drive from my shipping address! Love them to but their shipping is way over board.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:26 PM
Baja
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Personally I have never had a problem with Rover's North. I even made a mistake and thought they shipped me the wrong item for the front hub lockwashers, they put new ones in an envlope and sent them to me free. I was the one who was wrong not them.

I have had other vendors who would use the US Mail to send small items in padded envelopes with no excessive shipping cost.

I had a problem with one part I ordered from AB and the were downright arrogant about it.

I also found their response to my IM's to be less than what I consider to be good customer service. They were arrogant in that response when they said they did not care how many people sent them IM's requesting a special group discount.

I do not know how many members this forum has. Apparently they do not consider us a large enough group to offer such a discount. I found that to be less than acceptable with the very tone of their response. They did not bother to say thank you for contacting us or any such customer oriented typoe tone to their response.

They must be satisfied with their customer base and did not show what I consider an appropriate concern or response. They basically scolded me for asking for a discount.

They joined this forum to expand their business base I guess. We did not come to them, they came to us as a new member. I merely attempted to harness our group buying power to benefit all of us.

I do not understand why any of you criticize me for that effort. Some of you even say I thereatened them and cursed them. I challenge any of you to prove that.

I made no threats to them at all. I was very disatisfied with their response and as such would only order from them if they were the only ones with a certain item that I really needed or if they indeed offered a great deal on something I wanted.

I did recently receive their latest circular and they do have a Code Reader that I would consider buying from them unless i can get the same thing elsewhere for a similar price.

According to their E-mails they do offer a special first time buyer discount code which I have not used because I usually call in my order because O prefer to deal with a live person rather than order over the computer. Just prefer the ability to ask questions instead of doing the entire transaction on-line.

If you are personally satisfied with them, give them your business. It does not matter to me. I personally will refrain from doing very much business with them at all because I considered their response to be downright rude and unprofessional.

That is all I have to say on this subject.

Of course, all of you are entitled to have your own opinion and do as you so choose.

Peace to all of you.

Old 07-27-2011, 05:00 PM
LR Forum Vendor
Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Bringing this thread back up to bring your attention to a promotion we're running on Facebook. We have posted details of this in the group-buy section of the forum - https://landroverforums.com/forum/me...drawing-42570/

Basically we'll be raffling off a $25 gift certificate to people who upload pictures of their Rovers to our Facebook page. This is our first attempt at running any sort of promotion like this, and it is a direct product of the requests we received from members of this forum.

This first promotion is open to all of our Facebook "fans" but only being advertised in this forum. If it is successful, we could conceivably do weekly offers like this. Not every offer will necessarily be run through our Facebook page, but for early tests its the easiest route for us to go. Apologies in advance to those not currently using Facebook, we will do our best to include everyone in future promotions..

Thanks

Old 07-27-2011, 05:18 PM
Baja

I just want to make sure I understand your offer. You are giving away ONE $25 gift certificate and it is a direct product of the requests we received from members of this forum.

How about that, a direct result of a request I submitted on 04-05-2011, 09:58 PM.

And today is only July25?

Now that is true STRATEGIC PLANNING. WHAT A WONDERFUL WAY TO STIMULATE BUSINESS. GIVE ONE LUCKY WINNER A WHOLE 25 DOLLARS OFF. I HOPE YOUR STAFFING CAN ACCOMODATE THE TRUE RUSH OF ADDITIONAL BUSINESS THAT GENEROUS OFFER WILL STIMULATE. I HOPE THE PLANNING EFFORT YOU PUT INTO THAT IS RICHLY REWARDED.

Last edited by Danny Lee 97 Disco; 07-27-2011 at 05:25 PM.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:35 PM
Baja

Please forgive my previous post, I just could not resist poking fun at you.

Thanks for your positive response, I do hope it is successful and would love to see it become an ongoing thing.

Hopefully you can recognize future Opportunities and Respond to them in a Timely fashion for the MUTUAL BENEFIT of all of us. At least my efforts did result in something positive.

That is what SWOT ( Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats ) is all about. Recognizing and responding to opportunities in a timely fashion to increase profits and not loose possible sales. The companies that failed to do so are for the most part so longer in business. When I made the suggestion, I was only trying to gain a benefit for everyone.

Good Luck and Thank You.

Old 07-27-2011, 05:50 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice work Danny! Just posted a picture and "Liked" them, I am not a big fan of Facebook, since they sold out, but for a $25 gift certificate I'm all over it.

And thanks AB!

Quick Reply: AB Request for Group Discount