Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Anybody looking for another one?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 01:16 PM
Baja
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Anybody looking for another one?

1999 Land Rover Discovery Price Reduction $2200 Or Best Offer

Might be worth looking into.

Old 11-15-2011, 01:16 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Sure beats the deal I got. Then again most do

Old 11-15-2011, 02:28 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pictures

hey there could you email pics of your rover there ......to gaiaspheres @gmail.com ....craiglist all blurry..... also if you have pics of the inside .....are those windows limo tinted...? thanks

Old 11-15-2011, 05:15 PM
Baja
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It is not mine, just one of the ones on the Pittsburgh Craig's List. I post the one's that look like they may be worth looking into as a favor to the other members.

If anyone has an interest in a local one, I will be glad to take a look at it and give my independent evaluation of it.

If you go to any Craig's List, you can pick the State/City and see what they post.

I have seen a few on here go for as little as $1000. That one has been for sale for a while and they have lowered the asking price. If I had an extra grand or two, I would go look at it for my7self to add a second one to my lean stable.

Eric: Hate to say it, but practically every one I have ever seen beats the deal you got on yours. But when you finish with it, it should be good for years to come.

I hate it when people buy one thinking it is solid only to find things like both Eric and apparently Timebus have encountered. It just shows that anyone considering one of these should look into it in as great a detail as possible.

I bought mine almost five years ago with just a short test drive and then a vigorous negotiation. I did ok, but I have had to work thru a fairly long list of aggravating issues. I have been fortunate that none of them required an engine teardown yet, and I do not put very many miles per year on mine since i no longer have to deal with the daily grind of a job anymore.

I do hope to be able to take some long excursions in it eventually as I meander all over in it. I recently named mine MEANDEROVER. I used a black sharpie to add the M change the L to an E and add another E to make it read MEANDEROVER.

Old 11-16-2011, 04:49 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey now... i got mine for 2k and have put 10k on her ......this year so far......i dont feel upset at all....solid is a very fluid term for any 14 yro lr

I have about another 1200 in parts and primping to date.....nothing here but smiles......besides.....you didnt have an adventure if ya didn't breakdown on a 7,000 mile trip!!!!

Cant wait to get another one.. me and my dogs love her .....through streams ...up mountains, thru mud, pulling 3500 lbs, for 4000 miles.... in the desert....in a heat wave....up and down 14ers ...from ocean to ocean.....I really put her to the rails....I left home with lots of TOOLS and NO DELUSIONS !!

Danny!!! I like that MEANDERROVER.......

my new hood decal/ I painted the hood this summer/ says Gaia Rover

Last edited by Timebus; 11-16-2011 at 05:10 AM. Reason: typo