Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Anybody nearSouthampton NY knows Disco1

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 07:36 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody nearSouthampton NY knows Disco1

I bought a 96 about a year ago. No problems so far, but, I would like to do the major go over but feel totally inadequate for the job. I can read and follow directions but always manage to throw a monkey into the wrench. Is there anybody on the east end of Long Island that could give me a little supervision? I went to the local LandRover place and just didn't want to hand them the wad of cash they were looking for. Anyway my # 917 370 2626. Thanks, Scott

Old 09-23-2012, 08:15 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Buy tools. Download RAVE. Buy gloves and ramps. Buy overalls. Read every post in the tech section. Start small, like oil change or differential service. Post on here, many have slogged through the same and will be happy to point things out to you. It is a very simple vehicle compared to later versions. You will have "discovered" something about yourself and pushed a new horizon, which is what the truck was designed for in the first place. You have the same level of experience on Rovers that most mechanics in the US have, which is zero. But with normal dexterity, you'll find you can do just about anything to one of these posh pieces of pre-owned sheetmetal. While avoiding the overcharging shops, you'll save enough money to afford to have a pro do the big things when needed. Here's a pix of Oswald B. Overcharged, the type of mechanic to avoid.

Attached Thumbnails Anybody nearSouthampton NY knows Disco1-bad-mechanic.jpg