Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Audible Speed Warning when exceeding 120 KM/h

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 07:56 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

I dont know what the speed limit is over there, here in MI it is 70mph but nobody drives slower than 85mph except me and semi's.

Old 01-26-2012, 06:58 AM
Super Moderator
Received 83 Likes on 80 Posts

Looks like it is an option in D2s as well:

from Instruments section in RAVE electrical library:

Overspeed warning
The overspeed warning lamp is connected from the SLABS ECU as described for the
speedometer. The instrument pack software monitors the road speed signal supplied to the instrument pack on pin C0230-16. The warning lamp is illuminated at speeds of 78 mph (125.5 km/h) or above and extinguished at 74 mph (118.5 km/h).

Big Brother is watching......

Old 02-07-2012, 10:25 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gulf states

Originally Posted by Savannah Buzz
They call it "Gulf States". The MFU is the size of a cigarette pack, and on the back of the fuse block. Guess if you are going over 75 mph they want you on the carpet --- flying carpet...
LOL! You should see the bureaucracy here, would take me at least 10 years to get the flying carpet licensed and registered! Let's not get into the insurance aspects!

Old 02-07-2012, 10:27 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Spike555
I dont know what the speed limit is over there, here in MI it is 70mph but nobody drives slower than 85mph except me and semi's.
They may need to put the warning buzzer in the opposite configuration. It beeps until you get up to "speed".

Old 02-07-2012, 04:30 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow that would be annoying. I rarely break 70 in this rig but I've occasionally gone faster and it certainly feels stable at least to 80 MPH or so... Now the 130 MPH printed on the speedometer is a real joke though!

Old 04-18-2012, 01:14 PM
Drifting
Default Follow up to speed warning issue

That would be part of the MFU? It can beep. AND.... from the RAVE under instruments (speedometer), in the Persian Gulf States the vehicle speed output from cluster is routed to the MFU.... so maybe disconnect that yellow wire shown in the schematic. Pix of internal of MFU, black circle on right is the sounder. MFU attached to back of fuse panel. If working in there, please drop off battery lead. Space is tight.

Hey, your advice was right on, but I only was able to get outside with the camera recently to share my findings. The Suadi connector is a very simple single bladed connector behind the fuse block. I was able to actually reach around and find it without removing the fuse block as the bundle of wires is a bit loose in my Disco. I just pulled them apart and the really annoying warning at 120 km/hr is now gone. The wire is yellow and the connectors on each end are black.

If anyone else has this issue I've attached a detailed picture of the 2 halves separated. Thanks to everyone on the forum who helped out.

-Shrink

Attached Thumbnails Audible Speed Warning when exceeding 120 KM/h-dsc_0366.jpg  
Old 04-18-2012, 02:35 PM
Super Moderator

Great! So what happens if they catch you speeding? They make you switch to a Yugo?

Old 04-23-2012, 04:13 AM
Drifting

Great! So what happens if they catch you speeding? They make you switch to a Yugo?
Ha, that's a really good question. The funny thing here is that they don't confront you with a ticket when you speed. You just get the ticket put into your "file" and these tickets collect over time. When you go into renew your cars registration BAM they hit you with all these tickets. None of which you remember and some that seem a bit far fetched since you aren't handed a copy at the time.

So sometimes you can talk your way out of some of them while you renew and if you know the right people you can get some more leniency. But the Disco is my daily driver and I just enjoy the drive, I try not to rush anywhere since the roads here aren't the best.

Shrink

Old 04-23-2012, 04:25 AM
Super Moderator

In the free and independent state of Texas, in the 80's, they had an automated system that took photos as you sped under an overpass, they have tags on front also. Made pix of tag, and front seat of car. Picture mailed to house with time/date/speed on it and ticket. Could not keep them running, too many shot by angry guys. Angry, because wifey had crisp state generated photo of hubby going 110 mph at 3:00AM with secretary sitting way too close.....