Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Battery warning light

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 05:09 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HammerFit
OK, I did, top cable drops it by half. Second cable nothing, reading stayed same,
bottom plug in cable nothing reading stayed same.

I decided to change the connector on the cable in the middle, the one that I had changed previously just to make sure it was a good connection. Connection I now I am very good with. Tightened the nut back down and pop goes the stud that the bolt was on! So, now I guess I'm going to have to take the alternator back off and get that damn stud back out!
Got it back out. Tried drilling the bolt out, no luck. took the black plastic cover off to get at the bolt better with needle nose, won't budge. Im going to take it back to autozone and see if they will swap it out. Worth a try.

Old 06-22-2014, 01:06 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update on electrical issue. Autozone did take the new alternator back and gave me another one. Turns out it was indeed defective and had a short that was causing the voltage drop at the 100a fuse. Checked each wire individually for the drop and the only one that effected it was the power wire.

Got the new alternator in (man much easier this time haha) had to change one connector that didnt match up which was worrysome since the wire had no slack in it I had to use toenail clippers to strip the wire! Worked like a charm though.

Got it all back in and checked voltage again. Checked at fuse, reading: 0.00 yeah!
Checked battery with engine running: 14.57!

I think I can finally check this problem off the list. Thanks to all the senior guys on this forum for helping me with this. You guys rock!