Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

BYE, BYE LR junk.

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 09:25 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Now while we may enjoy a laugh at his expense, he was a good test for our customer service skills. Trading up to a bike just before winter comes sweeping down the plains....

Old 10-04-2011, 10:56 AM
TReK
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So he sold a broken Disco for $1000($3000 for the vehicle - $2000 in parts). Wonder who the new owner is and if they will fix the problem...

Old 10-04-2011, 12:07 PM
Super Moderator

We'll help them also; but no refund of the fees for our services.

Old 10-04-2011, 03:09 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I am just surprised he was able to get that much for it. I feel sorry for whomever forked over 3 grand for it.

Old 10-04-2011, 03:19 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i try to be patient with people but don't they know it's offensive to put something down that someone else enjoys....continuously? To the haters....the black truck haters, the discovery haters....wake up. keep it to yourself. some of you guys have been super patient. some of you understandably agitated. but this thread is too much.

you're basically calling me (and a lot of truck smarter guys and gals here) an idiot to have fixed up my discovery. it would be like me calling someone an idiot for selling their truck and buying a f'n bike. and that comes from someone who has a red Italian thong!

and I'm a client but let's not go there.

Old 10-04-2011, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator

Re: you're basically calling me (and a lot of truck smarter guys and gals here) an idiot to have fixed up my discovery.

I would point out that you listened to advice from a number of forum members, asked realistic questions, and a number of people "watched over your shoulder" as you solved the problems and got your truck back on the road. This forum celebrates the triumphs of man over muddled un-maintained machine. But I can tell you that diagnosing a problem from thousands of miles away, with sometimes marginal facts presented, and with the constraints of time and other tasks is not easy. Plus we have every level of skill involved, from dunce to Doctor Whistlebritches.

Mike and Spike have one standard idea for lots of situtaions - stop throwing parts at it, and get back to basics. Our caped friend was very skilled, and kept his own council. Although prodded frequently, he refused to be drawn in to a war of wits with un-armed opponents.

Sometimes you just have to start back at the beginning. Trying to troubleshoot a Disco by changing multiple sensors without having a scanner to see the inter-action is a costly lesson. Our friend paid a high tuition for this semester at the College of Hard Knocks.

You have to be an OM (obnoxious maximus) to get a lot of forum members riled up at you. We are a diverse bunch, and this is the web version of having some guys over to help work on the truck - pass a cold one....

Old 10-04-2011, 05:26 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Savannah Buzz makes a few excellent points.

I think we should award completion certificates or even advanced degrees for those paying such high tuition say they get something for their efforts!

I agree not all Institutes of Higher Learning have hallowed halls of ivy.

Old 10-04-2011, 05:48 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am glad to say that I did not listen to his advice that he gave me. Now knowing that intelligent level is very slim, who buys a motorcycle in October, when they live in the Midwest? Hawaii maybe... come on. Who is the idiots now? The guys who work put a lot of time and money into our rovers, or a guy who buys a motorcycle in October?

Old 10-04-2011, 05:58 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

You teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime, give him a fish and he eats for a day.
This guy ate for a day.
Non of us know everything about anything, together we all know something about everything, with any luck we all want to know more and be better at helping others while still being humble in our own mistakes and not taking out our wrongs on someone else.
To each their own.

Old 10-04-2011, 06:45 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Spike555
You teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime, give him a fish and he eats for a day.
This guy ate for a day.
Non of us know everything about anything, together we all know something about everything, with any luck we all want to know more and be better at helping others while still being humble in our own mistakes and not taking out our wrongs on someone else.
To each their own.
Well said spike.

Quick Reply: BYE, BYE LR junk.