Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

BYE, BYE LR junk.

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 07:25 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

aw. i was upset before and now i'm feeling warm and fuzzy. yeah. it's the beer. i'll say it again, this forum and you guys have been great. savannah..you're a patient brother!

Old 10-05-2011, 05:18 AM
Winching
Location: Oklahoma; where the winds come rolling down the plains.
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow, there are some real funny people on this forum. The good luck, your going to need it was appropriate and rightfully said. The facts are the facts. Ask yourself if the quality of your Land Rover is what you think it should be? Everyone on this forum knows these machines are prone to having problems, expensive ones too. Nothing I said was inappropriate or illfully centered on any forum member. But wait, read back and see who points the fingers, calls the little game names. Fact is fact, just so glad to rid myself of a vehicle I deem junk and not up to par as being reliable or of any quality. Haters, haters, haters. The lack of interest in pissing money away on new vehicle parts does not mean the lack of mechanical knowledge. Yes, I still offer my plastics services and parts to thoughs Land Rover owners that want them. I have realized the repair issues with these vehicles and thought, what the hell, why not help others out. The majority of Land Rover owners appreciate my services. For you others who continue to play name games and try to make yourself king of the hill. Good luck to you and your Land Rover's. Oh yeah, one more thing. I must be dumb or something, wow, I bought a bike in October. It rains about three times in Oklahoma. It snows maybe one day out of the year. COLD, yeah it gets cold. But who cares, it is still nice riding weather. Your comments are reflections of your personality.

Old 10-05-2011, 05:35 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

re: COLD, yeah it gets cold. But who cares, it is still nice riding weather

Not so lean, not so mean, but still a Marine

Old 10-05-2011, 07:36 AM
Winching
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To each his own I guess. My truck has been great, it beat the pants off the POS VW I had. The VW even beat it to a headgasket job.. grrrrrr. It's a 11 year old high mileage car now and still runs like a top. Everything still works but the front sunroof and I know whats wrong but have just been too lazy to fix it. Oh well, sorry you didn't have good luck with yours.

I had a guy at the gas station(a place I visit often, lol) ask me about my truck last week. He wanted one and asked what I thought of it. I told him I thought it was a great truck but added mine seems to be a bit of an oddity. You have to be careful what you buy if it's used. Jeeps are no different. Find one some kid has abused off road and you will spend just as much time under it as you would on the abused Disco.

Old 10-05-2011, 10:22 AM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Exactly my thoughts photo. Any vehicle of this age will have problems if poorly maintained. LRD2 had a bad truck with practically all the problems seen on this forum. He should be pissed at the guy who sold him the truck, not the truck or the company. He got swindled and now his anger spews in every direction. In my time on this forum I have never seen a member **** off so many people and slam members and slam LR the way he has. Oh well. Moving on.....

Old 10-05-2011, 10:26 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

All complex systems tend towards entropy. Welcome to existence.

Last edited by EricTyrrell; 10-05-2011 at 11:11 AM.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:10 AM
TReK

Best. Thread. Ever.

Old 10-05-2011, 11:17 AM
TReK
Received 161 Likes on 136 Posts

While posting, I'm aware that I am perpetuating the very thread I feel should be left to die but I have to ask, if all of you felt this way about LRD why did you bother to post, over and over again on every stupid thread he would create. Those train wrecks went on for pages and pages. Now, you all suddenly realize what a waste of time it was offering him help he would only throw back in your face as ill informed and useless?

Please let this thread go down a hole with its creator.

Old 10-05-2011, 11:17 AM
Winching
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by EricTyrrell
All complex systems tend towards entropy. Welcome to existance.
ooohhhmmmmmmmm.... ooohhhmmmmmmmm

That's some Zen Master stuff right there. Just for fun, and to make a rediculous thread even more useless to everyone who reads it, the General Systems Theory (Bertalanffy, Kuhn) conversely proposes that all systems tend toward equilibrium.

Go figure...

p.s. Rob - I agree
p.p.s - Paul - may your wish be Granted (intentional pun)

Last edited by Cosmic88; 10-05-2011 at 11:20 AM.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:25 AM
TReK

Originally Posted by Paul Grant
...Please let this thread go down a hole with its creator.
Think of it like a virtual celebration among forum members.

I don't have a webcam, but this picture sums up fairly well the feeling that came over me when I learned of our dear friend's pending departure...

Quick Reply: BYE, BYE LR junk.