Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Can I pull a locked car that blocks my driveway gate?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 11:21 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had good luck with the over spraying sprinkler method,
Especially with black cars lol

Old 03-16-2012, 12:46 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If they are truly blocking your drive then they are blocking a right of way and that is illegal and can be towed. To make certain call the non emergency police number and get them to send a guy out. If it is the same guy leave a nice note. If it is a bunch of different people post a sign on your fence stating no parking. But if it is a public road they can park up to your drive legally. If you are just looking for some more room or not have people park in front of your property you're SOL.

Here in America people can block your driveway, make you late for work, almost get you fired...you tow them with your vehicle, they sue you and take everything you have.

Beautiful country...

Old 03-16-2012, 01:20 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Shoot it.

Old 03-16-2012, 01:20 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if it was where i'm from - NYC - it would be no problem. i'm not sure what the law is here but enforcement on anything is so sporadic that you just never know. i won't go into police stories here....just gotta take care of things yourself....or take a deep breath and as Sava suggests trade the good for the bad.

I block the gates with my two Discovery's but they can't always be there. I've never been ticketed but I **** off one neighbor as she has trouble getting out her friveway. But she doesn't care about anyone else's issues with her so....she'll have to deal too.

You should see this beach today.

Old 03-16-2012, 01:21 PM
Pro Wrench

....and for that....we thank you.

Old 03-16-2012, 03:42 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by slanginsanjuan
....Fact is I can't do anything really....
I'm confused, why can't you call a towing company or the cops for someone parked illegally in front of your driveway?

How would the fire department/ambulance/cops get to your place in an emergency. Isn't P.R. the 51st state?

Old 03-16-2012, 04:00 PM
Pro Wrench

...i can't do anything to keep it from happening....i can call the cops everytime someone parks there, or parks blocking 1/2 or 1/4...wait around twenty minutes or so and get them to ticket the car. if it's there an hour (or more) later I can call and they will come back and give them another ticket...it's just a drag...and I don't like dealing with the cops. that's what i meant.

everyone (PR & US) should hope it doesn't become the 51st state.

um, rant over?

Old 03-16-2012, 04:12 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by slanginsanjuan
...i can't do anything to keep it from happening....i can call the cops everytime someone parks there, or parks blocking 1/2 or 1/4...wait around twenty minutes or so and get them to ticket the car. if it's there an hour (or more) later I can call and they will come back and give them another ticket...it's just a drag...and I don't like dealing with the cops. that's what i meant.

everyone (PR & US) should hope it doesn't become the 51st state.

um, rant over?
Lol, guilty conscience much?

Old 03-16-2012, 07:13 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Street Wolf
Lol, guilty conscience much?

He's in Puerto Rico not the US. You dont anything about cops in other countries.

Old 03-16-2012, 07:39 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

For the record I was 80% kidding. I'm not that malicious either. But I am the mother****er that will wait for you to come back to your car and I'll beat you to a pulp with my words. I'm a mean dude, and my mouth never stops running.

Quick Reply: Can I pull a locked car that blocks my driveway gate?