Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Colored Snorkels: Who's intersted?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

I'd pay $200-$250 for a complete kit. Heck, I'd buy one right now.

Old 06-09-2011, 03:54 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I would like a zebra stripe. Others might want the Budwieser can motif. Run it across the top of the windshield with a nice wide rectangular fluted intake for max air induction. Look at the ThunderBolt Dragster Ford made from the early Fairlane. They took out the two middle headlights and made them Ram Air intakes. I like those High Rise Holley that MOAPR used in the late 60's (440 6packs).

Old 06-09-2011, 04:17 PM
Winching
Location: Oklahoma; where the winds come rolling down the plains.
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice, I like that look too. Zebra striped, intersting.

Old 06-09-2011, 04:36 PM
Winching

I do have plastics that replicate the look of chrome, steel, copper and bronze. I like the idea about offering variable sizes. So the colors are not so popular because of favoring of matching the trim instead of the main body color. How about a flat black with Iridescent metallic flakes? The sun would hit this thing and make for a nice mulit-colored effect, but maintaining the flat black. Lights hitting it at night would offer a nice look too.

Old 06-09-2011, 05:17 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I value function over looks anyday, these were farm machines, not sexy exotic sports cars like some people seem to think.

My 928 was one of the most awesome lookiong production 4 seaters ever made at that time. Of course Lambo's and the Dancing Pony (Ferrari) pretty much are it today. Also like that new Lexus supercar with the V10 that toyota's grandson designed, don't remember what they call it, but it is the last one that pulls up under all the others suspended by a crane on the latest commercial.

Old 06-09-2011, 05:32 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Black with a Bronze hue would be ****!

I would like to have a Mantec style with a Safari topper.

Old 06-09-2011, 05:34 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by Danny Lee 97 Disco
I value function over looks anyday, these were farm machines, not sexy exotic sports cars like some people seem to think.

My 928 was one of the most awesome lookiong production 4 seaters ever made at that time. Of course Lambo's and the Dancing Pony (Ferrari) pretty much are it today. Also like that new Lexus supercar with the V10 that toyota's grandson designed, don't remember what they call it, but it is the last one that pulls up under all the others suspended by a crane on the latest commercial.
The LFA

Old 06-09-2011, 06:30 PM
4wd Low

I'd be happy with a snorkel for my Diesel D1 that didn't cost 480$ no matter what the color.

I've been toying with the idea of integrating narrow aluminum section, maybe a very light duty inter-cooler, into the vertical section as a pre-cooler.

Old 06-09-2011, 07:11 PM
Winching

No doubt. I think the snorkels are too high priced as well. Even though it will take me about three weeks of work and plenty of trial by error. I will offer some serious competition with my line of snorkels. I appreciate everyones input. So from what I'm hearing I should consider making two seperate design series. One for the true off roader. And one for the show and tell group. I myself prefer to use my 99 as a show and tell piece leaving no doubt that it can handle it's own off road when needed. Joy riding off road in a Land Rover Discovery should be criminal at best. Parts are expensive, theres always some electrical issues. ETC, ETC. But the Ford Bronco 2 is my off road beast.

Old 06-09-2011, 07:24 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

I third the flat black.

Quick Reply: Colored Snorkels: Who's intersted?