Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

D1 Finishing touch for alpine windows trim panel

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2021, 11:25 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Question D1 Finishing touch for alpine windows trim panel

Hello,

I’m just wondering what’s the exact finishing from the alpine windows sealing gasket with the surrounded interior trim panel.
The sealing gasket round the alpine window has 2 inner lips, a larger outwards (to the exterior of the car) and a smaller inwards (to the interior of the car. The “exterior” fits on the flenge of the outcut for the window in the exterior bodypanel. Ascso far all is very clear to me (and everybody).
But… where does fit the interior lip ? Is these fit around the edge of the opening in the inner trim panel (just as for the rectangular window just beyond) ? In this case there’s no more chance of air circulation between car interior and cavity between inner trim panel and outer body panel.
Or is these lip simply bend against the outer body panel and is the inner finishing trim panel simply placed “against” the lip.
Take just a short look A-at the alpine windows on the interior of your Disco 1 and give me a short answer.

Inner lip fits round edge of trim panel. Is this the correct fitting ?

Thanks !
Much greetings,
PierroDisco

Old 05-04-2021, 04:49 PM
Mudding
Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Mine have a slight gap between the plastic panel and the gasket.

Old 05-04-2021, 07:27 PM
Winching
Received 123 Likes on 108 Posts

well certainly years of weather - dry climate humid climate - garage - outside etc. will affect the rubber gasket of anything

if this is a replacement and you are wondering about the fit vs original - ask the Chinese

Old 05-05-2021, 03:40 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Wink Replacing window gaskets above boot floor

Originally Posted by disco96sd
well certainly years of weather - dry climate humid climate - garage - outside etc. will affect the rubber gasket of anything

if this is a replacement and you are wondering about the fit vs original - ask the Chinese
Hello,
It was indeed already a replacement when I bought the Disco in 2012. The gaskets ware more black coloured and very shiny, without any cracks in the corner from bending.
In 2013 I replaced the gasket from both rectangular windows above the boot floor ; they both were more gray coloured, not shiny and with a great crack in all four corners. The same story for the window gasket in the back door.
Much greetings, and thanks for the info !
PierroDisco