Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Dicovery 1 rims

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 09:19 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Jake1996D1
Get out of the rover world and into the 4x4 world every once in a while..
You wouldn't need those beadocks if you used the correct sized tire for the rim.

I dont need to get out "into the 4x4 world", I see those poser Jeeps, Chevy's, Fords in the ditch all the time, first snow, I pass them on the trail, their stuck trying to show off and I just drive on by with my stock sized tires on my stock sized rims with my basically bone stock truck.
I dont need to impress anyone or turn heads when I drive by or have people ask me what "those do", I just go about my business.
Whatever floats your boat man, no harm meant.
And yes, the Rover rims are considered beadlock rims.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:36 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Spike555
You wouldn't need those beadocks if you used the correct sized tire for the rim.

I dont need to get out "into the 4x4 world", I see those poser Jeeps, Chevy's, Fords in the ditch all the time, first snow, I pass them on the trail, their stuck trying to show off and I just drive on by with my stock sized tires on my stock sized rims with my basically bone stock truck.
I dont need to impress anyone or turn heads when I drive by or have people ask me what "those do", I just go about my business.
Whatever floats your boat man, no harm meant.
And yes, the Rover rims are considered beadlock rims.
I would love to see what you call a trail...... Why do you think my rims are the wrong size??

Land rover stock rims are not bead locks. they are just rims that hold a bead well because of the design..... Did you google beadlocks yet??

How about this.. We air down to 5 PSI and you follow me on a trail ride.

Old 12-10-2012, 10:22 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My TF wheels are beadlock ready. It came with the nuts and bolts, just need to buy the (expensive ***) rings.

I live in the land of chase trucks and big-monster 4x4's....I really have to look close to see what the ratio is.

I've seen a 4x4 dislocate a tire that had beadlocks, on the freeway. I too believe they can be safe, as long as you check the torque every so often.....

Old 12-10-2012, 10:45 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by wheelgarage
My TF wheels are beadlock ready. It came with the nuts and bolts, just need to buy the (expensive ***) rings.

I live in the land of chase trucks and big-monster 4x4's....I really have to look close to see what the ratio is.

I've seen a 4x4 dislocate a tire that had beadlocks, on the freeway. I too believe they can be safe, as long as you check the torque every so often.....
I dont get how you could dislocate a tire from a beadlock if your bolts came loose. If they come loose you SHOULD just lose air and get a flat?? None the less I torqued mine 20 times lol

How much are the rings for yours? I wonder why they make beadlock ready wheels for land rovers if the stock wheels are beadlocks

Old 12-11-2012, 07:23 PM
Team Owner

I would love to see what you call a trail...... Why do you think my rims are the wrong size??

Land rover stock rims are not bead locks. they are just rims that hold a bead well because of the design..... Did you google beadlocks yet??

How about this.. We air down to 5 PSI and you follow me on a trail ride.
My trails I'm sure are nothing like your trails, I follow deer trails through the woods, dirt bike trails, sand dunes, snowmobile trails in the winter.
I dont mud bog, I dont rock crawl.
I believe in the Tread Lightly program, I'm not out there to tear anything up or to beat up my daily driver.
I go out there to have fun in a responsible manner with friends, climb steep hills, drive in deep sand and to see where the deer trail leads to and wade in water deep enough to cover the tires.
I dont need to air down, even driving in sand so deep and soft just standing in it your feet sink and get covered, your shoes are full of sand.

You ever follow a deer trail?
Or follow a snowmobile trail to take the kids to the good sledding hills in the winter?
Have you ever just driven though the woods until you found a open spot to have a picnic with your wife and kids?
Or are you one of those "if the mud ain't flyin' you ain't tryin'" people?
The ones who ruin it for the rest of us, here they are closing trails left and right because of the jack ***'s in their jacked up 4x4's with big tires tearing up the trails.
Same thing happened in England and they outlawed offroading except on "pay to play" land.

Old 12-11-2012, 07:50 PM
Recovery Vehicle

My trails I'm sure are nothing like your trails, I follow deer trails through the woods, dirt bike trails, sand dunes, snowmobile trails in the winter.
I dont mud bog, I dont rock crawl.
I believe in the Tread Lightly program, I'm not out there to tear anything up or to beat up my daily driver.
I go out there to have fun in a responsible manner with friends, climb steep hills, drive in deep sand and to see where the deer trail leads to and wade in water deep enough to cover the tires.
I dont need to air down, even driving in sand so deep and soft just standing in it your feet sink and get covered, your shoes are full of sand.

You ever follow a deer trail?
Or follow a snowmobile trail to take the kids to the good sledding hills in the winter?
Have you ever just driven though the woods until you found a open spot to have a picnic with your wife and kids?
Or are you one of those "if the mud ain't flyin' you ain't tryin'" people?
The ones who ruin it for the rest of us, here they are closing trails left and right because of the jack ***'s in their jacked up 4x4's with big tires tearing up the trails.
Same thing happened in England and they outlawed offroading except on "pay to play" land.

I dont understand why you think you know so much about me. Also why you're such an arrogant dick head.

I have never done any sort of illegal off roading in my life. Yes I have followed a deer trail.. I am from Iowa... I have also drove on a dirt road before.. YEEEHAAWWWW... But seriously I also use my truck to go camp with the GF and dogs and I drive it around town as my sort of "daily driver" (I work from home) . Just because my truck is built to do a lot more than that and has done a lot more than that doesnt mean I dont "tread lightly". I'm not a huge fan of mud (too much **** to clean off) but I do enjoy playing in the rocks and hitting trails that give you a good adreneline rush. But once again my truck can take it because I built it that way on purpose...

And Rover rims are still not beadlocks. I understand you'll never admit that your wrong because you an "administrator" and I am okay with that.

Old 12-11-2012, 08:38 PM
Team Owner

I dont understand why you think you know so much about me. Also why you're such an arrogant dick head.

I have never done any sort of illegal off roading in my life. Yes I have followed a deer trail.. I am from Iowa... I have also drove on a dirt road before.. YEEEHAAWWWW... But seriously I also use my truck to go camp with the GF and dogs and I drive it around town as my sort of "daily driver" (I work from home) . Just because my truck is built to do a lot more than that and has done a lot more than that doesnt mean I dont "tread lightly". I'm not a huge fan of mud (too much **** to clean off) but I do enjoy playing in the rocks and hitting trails that give you a good adreneline rush. But once again my truck can take it because I built it that way on purpose...

And Rover rims are still not beadlocks. I understand you'll never admit that your wrong because you an "administrator" and I am okay with that.
LOL!!!
Dont be butt hurt bro.
Being a admin does not mean that I will never admit when I'm wrong, I do admit when I am wrong.
I never said you were one of those guys who tore up the trail, I said guys around here do it.
You're into big tires and lifts and what not, fine, thats your thing so go for it.
You dont need your truck to get to work on Mon, I do, so I cant break anything on a Saturday in the woods.
I've never been to Iowa.

Old 12-11-2012, 10:03 PM
Recovery Vehicle

LOL!!!
Dont be butt hurt bro.
Being a admin does not mean that I will never admit when I'm wrong, I do admit when I am wrong.
I never said you were one of those guys who tore up the trail, I said guys around here do it.
You're into big tires and lifts and what not, fine, thats your thing so go for it.
You dont need your truck to get to work on Mon, I do, so I cant break anything on a Saturday in the woods.
I've never been to Iowa.
Not butt hurt just thought you were making a lot of ridiculous assumptions because I built my disco to do anything (except get good gas milage). I built my truck to drive to the trail, wheel any trail I feel like and then drive it home. I dont tow it anywhere as much as I would like to. I have always made it home except when I first got it and it was overheating - not related to wheeling just related to being a land rover...

Iowa sucks, I am only here to be near my family.

Old 12-12-2012, 10:53 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok guys and gals, dang with the trash talk, for the record the only street ( dot approved) bead locks are Humvee and other military used bead locks.. for me its peace of mind, also real bead locks lock down the inner and outer bead so u can air down if you cant make traction on rocks ,sand/silt, and mud ,also are much safer on road or off road just a bitch to change ur tire..

so due to me being in ca and dealing with cops who act as vultures to find there next fix it ticket i cant see me buying something i can never drive on the road ..

so i hit up trail worthy fab, we wil see how or what they can do in the upcoming few days , but if i go this detection is going to be a while to stock pile the entire set of gear , 5 Humvee 16.5 rims , new hd axles and cv joints , also a pair of rear air lockers , and ditch my 5" for them 6" to try to fit these 37" but first thing first , i wonder if my disco will still fit in my parking spots.. and yes i know its over kill, and im going to have to cut so much to make them kinda fit..

Old 12-12-2012, 05:42 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Eddie there are other DOT approved beadlocks.. Google is your friend but be prepared to pay $350 per rim at least.. Are you sure the hummer wheels have a DOT approved stamp?

Some killer deals on allied beadlocks over here
Raceline Wheels - Beadlock Clearance Items

6" lift?! Dude I can fit 37s on my 3" lift with the fender flares. Open those fender wells up!

Quick Reply: Dicovery 1 rims