Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Disco 1 Front Propshaft Inquiery

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 09:05 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Spike555
If the front prop shaft slip joint was compressed during shipping then yes the prop shaft would be shorter.
If he cant figure out how to install a propshaft then he is not a master tech.
8 bolts hold it on, you pretty much cannot screw it up.
It will bolt in no matter the direction it is facing.
Yeah I had to manually compress the shaft in order to fit the shaft within the custom made shipping container I made. But like you said, it's just as easily expanded and the installation is a matter of lining up the holes and inserting all the nuts and bolts. Not really sure what the buyers issue is and I do not really understand how in the hell they managed to break their original shaft.

Old 10-24-2011, 09:09 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Well if one of the u-joints broke that could be considered a broken prop shaft.

Old 10-24-2011, 09:20 PM
TReK

Well if one of the u-joints broke that could be considered a broken prop shaft.
Possibly however the buyer did not specify weather a broken u-joint was the issue or something more dramatic. Furthermore the buyer mentioned something about some shop removing an entire piece of the shaft - could be the yolk (I think thats what they call it). I'll ask the buyer to send me a picture of his/her shaft

Old 10-24-2011, 09:26 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by Savannah Buzz
Could be that purchaser bought it used without a front shaft and thought it was a rare two wheel drive "Hatari" spec rover, identified by the lighted "H" logo on the dash....

Name:  pic_honda_cross_road_11849.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  16.7 KB
Name:  hondacrossroad-11-550x350-0-img0.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  33.0 KB
Name:  Hondacrossroad.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  22.9 KB

Had to do it

Old 10-24-2011, 09:30 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for being so juvinile but did you say you would ask the buyer to send a pic of his shaft? Be careful his english may be just bad enough to get an explicit pic.

Old 10-25-2011, 07:16 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Paul, in my country the rear of the truck is where the headlights are....not really but here left is right and vice versa. really.

Old 10-25-2011, 05:50 PM
Team Owner

I really dont think it matters what happened to his prop shaft, he wanted a front prop shaft for a DI, thats what you sent him, problem is his assuming you sent the correct undamaged part.

Old 10-25-2011, 08:28 PM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TRIARII

Had to do it
That gets filed into the wtf section!

Old 10-25-2011, 09:00 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by adigerol77
That gets filed into the wtf section!
That is one of those Land Rover trying to sell more trucks thing, Land Rover with Honda badges only sold in Japan.

Old 10-25-2011, 09:03 PM
TReK

I really dont think it matters what happened to his prop shaft, he wanted a front prop shaft for a DI, thats what you sent him, problem is his assuming you sent the correct undamaged part.

Yes this shaft was tested and had no issues or apparent damages what so ever prior to the shipping. I made the listing very clear honest and upfront. I feel that the asking price was a bargain considering. Heres a copy of my listing setup:

"Here for sale is one used Genuine front Drive Shaft, pulled from a 1998 Land Rover Discovery SE. In working condition with some minor signs of wear and age. This unit has been tested and partially cleaned. Has no damaged components or missing chunks. Be advised that though I have tested all my for sale parts and back most of my for sale parts with a 60 day money back guarantee - you are strongly encouraged to replace the included U-Joints and add fresh high temperature grease to the new U-Joints and the Shaft itself! I will be glad to assist you with all the instructions needed to perform this task if need be. Compatible with most Discovery Series 1 models 1994-1999. Please make sure this front Drive Shaft is the correct part for your vehicle before buying. Free shipping via USPS. Same day shipping if purchased Monday-Friday before 4pm (eastern time US/Canada) Limited 60 Day money back Guarantee*. Thanks for looking.
*This used Genuine front Drive Shaft unit is Guaranteed to operate properly when installed correctly in the corresponding above mentioned motor vehicle. If for any reason these units fail to operate properly, let me know and I will refund your money within 10 business days from the initial refund request. Buyer is responsible for return shipped and re-listing fees. Guarantee does not cover worn or faulty U-Joints, damages caused by off-roading or worn Drive Shaft hardware or any other damaged components as a result of buyers improper installation. Guarantee does not cover any compatibility issues that may arise, so please be sure that this part properly fits your Rover before your buy. Guarantee limited to 60 days.

I just send the buyer those pics you sent me and I advised him about choking the wheels, using the ebrake and proper jack stands. Also asked him to send me pics of his transfer case and front axle (where the shaft installs) so I could help him/her diagnose the issue.

Last edited by TRIARII; 10-25-2011 at 09:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Disco 1 Front Propshaft Inquiery