Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Disco 1 Front Propshaft Inquiery

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 10:59 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ok you showed the posting, what was the sale price?

I liked those cute Honda Badges and spare tire covers. Pretty clever, make people think they were highly reliable like a Honda.

Old 10-25-2011, 11:04 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If they were towing it with a towing chuck (trucK) and not on a dolly or flatbed, that is with front two wheels raised and rear on the ground without disconnecting the drive shaft they could easily wipe stuff out.

Tell them to download the RAVE.

Your 04 that is coming soon sounds totally awesome dude. PM me when it gets here, I'll drive over.

Old 10-26-2011, 12:04 AM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Danny Lee 97 Disco
Ok you showed the posting, what was the sale price?

I liked those cute Honda Badges and spare tire covers. Pretty clever, make people think they were highly reliable like a Honda.
I sold the shaft for $70 even on my ebay store. Yes I agree thats it possible the shaft and other components could have been ripped apart if the tow hookup was improper but again the buyers English is so poor that I cannot really understand exactly what happened to his/her Disco in the first place.

For the record that was a legit Honda Crossroad. In the early 90's Honda made some kind of a deal with Land Rover and were granted partial ownership I believe. Thus the Honda Crossroad was born. Re-badged Disco 1 for the Asian market. I strongly oppose that decision on LR's part. Land Rover like Mini and Jaguar are all European/British vehicles and should be preserved as European/British vehicles - a symbol of pride for the nations that created them. But thats just me. and yes I also oppose the sell of the company to Tata Motors! ......

As for my soon to be 04 Disco - its definitely nice in all but aside from the new DynamicDriveline front propshaft upgrade I purchased (yet to be installed) there are no mods or anything fancy added to the rig. Just a standard stock SE model with Black leather interior. Have alot of hopes and plans for it though.

... I take that back. The first owner totaled the Disco and then a salvage/rebuilt title was issued - now a permanent scar for the Disco. Nevertheless she came back from the dead and all body work was either replaced or professionally repaired and all mechanical issues have seemingly been addressed. Aside from afew minor details (missing passenger side wiper arm, missing passenger side rear bumper finisher, cracked windshield and missing drivers side seat switch buttons) everything else is in great condition.

I'll be sure to upload new pics once I get her back home.