Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Disco 1 rear door adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 09:56 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disco 1 rear door adjustment

Does anyone have the answer to adjusting the rear dorr so it seals better. I haer a bit of wind noise back there thanks.

Old 06-08-2013, 10:16 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

If you have a little bit of muscle you can do it yourself.

Open the door. Make mental note of the position of the lower mount (the mount will have likely left wear marks in the frame to help with this). Break free the bottom 3 bolts, but dont unscrew, keep em snug.

Break two of the top bolts free. Hold up the door with your right hand and break the last bolt free with your left. Flip your ratchet to tighten, then adjust the door. When you get it where you want it, tighten the bolts (not "all the way" yet) and test the door.

If it isnt quite right, repeat.

Old 06-09-2013, 07:17 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks I found that the bottom of the door near the latch was scraping so I did do some adjustment with the help of a friend. It helped some but was still catching What I ended up doing was putting some spacers between the body and the lower hinge so it no longer scrapes ,now I just have to get the top in s that it is actually touching the rubber seal.

Old 05-26-2021, 01:34 PM
Mudding
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by coldstart
thanks I found that the bottom of the door near the latch was scraping so I did do some adjustment with the help of a friend. It helped some but was still catching What I ended up doing was putting some spacers between the body and the lower hinge so it no longer scrapes ,now I just have to get the top in s that it is actually touching the rubber seal.
I’m having the same problem. I put on new hinges and adjusted the hinges and now it’s nearly perfect, except the bottom is scraping slightly.

When you say spacers for the lower hinge are you talking about the lower hinge or the check-stay?

thanks!