Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Disco more trouble-prone than other makes?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2014, 12:11 PM
Winching
Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Tata has owned JLR for years now. I can't identify anything they've done that is worse than where Land Rover was already headed under Ford. It seems JLR is still run out of England for the most part, but perhaps with capital from investors in India. Really, it's become a phenomenal business from what I read. Profits are over the top, and the products are better than ever for the direction they headed. Really the only disappointment is they've totally neglected the rugged, off-road market, and don't appear to have any plans to ever go back to it. That was hardly Tata's decision either. Land Rover departed it after the DII over 10 years ago, and to a certain degree, even the DII and P38 were marked departures from their heritage.

Old 12-25-2014, 05:50 AM
Mudding
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Tata's ownership has been good for Jaguar and Landrover so far. Moving away from Ford's cheapskate approach to everything has done them a power of good - for example, the huge new engine factory at Wolverhampton, currently producing the Ingenium range of 4 cylinder engines for JLR. A billion pounds (1.6 billion dollars) of R&D and investment in the new factory (£500 million for each)