Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Gas/Fuel Tank Leak

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 09:53 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you found it! I am extremely excited about next Friday, I am taking the day off work to take it in (the dealer is an hour away). I figured I would trailer my motorcycle behind it, and ride around Nashville, while they replace the tank.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:22 AM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about the gas tank problem (recall)

Hello, new here!
Was wondering about the recall on these tanks... if the old tank is still in the vehicle what kind of problems would this cause?
we are at a loss on figuring out whats going on with my 97 disco. we have replaced soooo much! and still running awful!
We replaced fuel pump 2 days ago and noticed the plastic casing surrounding the top of pump has a crack in it. after replacement of pump, the disco is still running very badly as before! Ugh!
Was just wondering if my disco falls under this tank recall? And what it would cause if it does and mine is faulty?
Sorry about stealing someone elses thread!!!
Newbie here and love my disco.... just have questions after questions!!!!
Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-01-2011, 11:02 AM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tuckisch36
Hello, new here!
Was just wondering if my disco falls under this tank recall? And what it would cause if it does and mine is faulty?
Thanks!!!!!!!!!
Hello Tuckisch,

Call your local Land Rover dealer and talk to the service department. They will ask for your VIN - At which point they can tell you if there is a recall/repair required and/or already done on your vehicle. In the case of my Disco, the tank replacement had already been done. It may be a little painful getting in contact with the service dept. but it will be worth the hassle especially if your Disco needs some work.

I can't speak directly to your situation - but fuel pressure can definitely cause vehicle run problems

In Peace and Agape,
Trav...

Old 07-01-2011, 11:16 AM
TReK
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tuckisch36
Hello, new here!
Was wondering about the recall on these tanks... if the old tank is still in the vehicle what kind of problems would this cause?
we are at a loss on figuring out whats going on with my 97 disco. we have replaced soooo much! and still running awful!
We replaced fuel pump 2 days ago and noticed the plastic casing surrounding the top of pump has a crack in it. after replacement of pump, the disco is still running very badly as before! Ugh!
Thanks!!!!!!!!!
A link was provided with the recall details. Read it and call your dealer.