Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Halp asap, is this bearing replaceable?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 05:25 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You were not understanding what I was looking for. I found the part number and it is not available in a national. FTC861 is the part number I need and there is no cross reference to what I am looking for. Try reading so you know what I am looking for, guy.

Old 12-07-2010, 05:36 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

yes thats the one. also known as LRV063120

Old 12-07-2010, 05:47 PM
Winching
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default this is pointless... stay mad if you want. I just tried to help you.

Originally Posted by Garrett
You were not understanding what I was looking for. I found the part number and it is not available in a national. FTC861 is the part number I need and there is no cross reference to what I am looking for. Try reading so you know what I am looking for, guy.
If you had simply typed out a better description of exactly what you need help with... "stub axle bearing" we might have alleviated all this misplaced anger.

"can someone please tell me the part number for the stub axle bearing?" ...could have worked wonders. You bought an outer bearing for the Hub but are mad with me?

I'm not interested in an argument here Garrett. You asked for help... I casually pointed you in a direction I thought would be of benefit to you... you needed something else and got annoyed with me for not clearly understanding your not-so-clear description of your actual need. it all went downhill from there.

later on my man.

Old 12-07-2010, 08:06 PM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Cosmic88
Maybe that is a typo? I ask because that "bearing" is a HUB. Now, the bearings that reside IN that hub are shot IF they are missing any "needles".
That's a stub axle, not a hub, and the fronts have a needle roller bearing in them.

I don't know of any crossover. If you're in a hurry your best bet is http://www.rovahfarm.com/DiscoIAxles.htm (about 1/2 way down the page) as Trevor will ship USPS flat rate priority so it will cost about $5 for max 3day shipping (I'd get two in case you mess one up )

Last edited by antichrist; 12-07-2010 at 08:10 PM.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:59 PM
Winching
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

If you had simply typed out a better description of exactly what you need help with... "stub axle bearing" we might have alleviated all this misplaced anger.

"can someone please tell me the part number for the stub axle bearing?" ...could have worked wonders. You bought an outer bearing for the Hub but are mad with me?
correct... I glanced at the pic briefly and that is my fault. My fault for answering a "HELP" post while distracted at work. Had I spent an extra few seconds looking I would have given him the correct answer instead of searching the forum FOR him to get that answer. Usually I give specifics... this time I pointed in a general direction. My fault...

After he took attitude with me I looked again and realized he had ordered the wrong bearing for the stub axle. Like I said above, this could have all been easily avoided with three things. 1. I could have spent a few extra seconds looking at the pic. 2. He could have been Specific. 3. HE could have taken two f-ing seconds and looked for himself after he realized HIS mistake.

This is boring...

Old 12-07-2010, 11:08 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

OK guys lets calm down, I like this forum because the only time it is not civil is when we are joking around (or whenever sloppy is around) I would like to think that the "hub" in this case is actually a stub axle and the bearing that goes inside of it is a stub axle bearing, Rovahfarm.com has one (part number FTC861) for $8.76.

http://search.cartserver.com/search/...s=FTC861&go=GO!

and the bearing in the picture above is 1 of the 2 (both the same)bearings that goes between the stub axle and the hub/rotor assembly.

Old 12-08-2010, 05:59 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Rover Chris
Rovahfarm.com has one (part number FTC861) for $8.76.

http://search.cartserver.com/search/...s=FTC861&go=GO!

and the bearing in the picture above is 1 of the 2 (both the same)bearings that goes between the stub axle and the hub/rotor assembly.
yup thats the daddy!
they are usually sold in pairs.

Old 12-08-2010, 08:49 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was begining to wonder by this thread if I mistakenly logged on to d-web

Old 12-08-2010, 09:24 AM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Just to set the record straight...
1. I could have spent a few extra seconds looking at the pic.
Yes, would have saved a lot of back and forth.
2. He could have been Specific.
Can't get much more specific that a photo of the part saying there were needle bearings missing from inside it. Not his fault you thought it was something else.
3. HE could have taken two f-ing seconds and looked for himself after he realized HIS mistake.
That bearing is only mentioned in one other thread on this forum and that mention doesn't answer the question he had, which was basically, does anyone have a domestic PN number for the needle bearing inside a front stub axle.

If you give people incorrect information, some will certainly get testy.

Old 12-08-2010, 10:16 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by antichrist
Just to set the record straight...Yes, would have saved a lot of back and forth.Can't get much more specific that a photo of the part saying there were needle bearings missing from inside it. Not his fault you thought it was something else.That bearing is only mentioned in one other thread on this forum and that mention doesn't answer the question he had, which was basically, does anyone have a domestic PN number for the needle bearing inside a front stub axle.

If you give people incorrect information, some will certainly get testy.

Thank you sir. The soonest I could have it would be overnight from IMC but I need it ASAP so I'm gonna see the dealership today

Quick Reply: Halp asap, is this bearing replaceable?