Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Moving cruise control module

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 03:10 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I looked in the RAVE but could not find anything specifically on the VSS. I know from my Ford that the VSS being out will kill the speedo and severely inhibit overall running as well.

Old 03-29-2011, 08:25 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

first off thanks guys for the help.

now the next chapter in the cruise control saga. repeated the diagnostic procedure again just a bit ago. everything checked out fine but still no working cruise. i have noticed some relay clicks and am wondering if anyone out there with a working cruise would be willing to check something for me. or if someone knows the answer please chime in.

sitting in the truck, ignition on, trans in park, push the cruise button and i hear a relay click. push shifter button - relay click. shift into reverse or drive - relay click.

in truck ignition on, shift into a drive gear, all the appropriate shifting clicks. with trans in a drive gear push the cruise button -NO relay click. Is that normal?

Could someone with a working cruise sit in their truck with it in gear and then push the cruise button and see if they hear a click?

along those lines, im having a hard time isolating that cruise relay. can anyone help me narrow down the search?

i know im asking a lot for a pretty non-critical system so thanks in advance to anyone who is willing to help.

Adam

Old 06-20-2011, 03:07 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by adam123
i just did this today, replaced all the hoses, but for the life of me cant remember which nipple the hose goes on at the vacuum pump. the white one or the black one?

any help?

thanks

adam
Hey,
Just noticed your question about the vac. hose (white or black fitting?). Did you ever get confirmation? I have a 96 Disco. 1 and the hose was not connected when I purchased it. Thanks.
Gil

Old 06-20-2011, 06:25 PM
Drifting

It goes on the black fitting, the white one is the vent. mine still isnt working on the road. works well when i do the static diagnostic, but not in actual use. im pretty sure ive got a grounding issue somewhere that i have yet to track down.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:10 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The Discovery grounds can be a cause of lots of problems. Also there are a lot of splices internal to the wire harnesses. I do not know if this specific circuit has such, but if you have checked everything else in the loop, you may need to physically check the wiring for any intermittent connections.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:30 AM
Drifting

well that sounds like a big barrel of fun HA

Old 07-01-2011, 02:28 PM
Drifting

well, after fiddling with it and probably wasting a few bucks on a used cruise ecu i got it working. it seems it was a grounding issue. i removed that bare braided ground strap thats under the hood by the bottom of the windshield, cleaned up the connections and put it all back together and magically it all works.

i can only guess that everything was working during the static tests because i was using a convenient ground in the area i was probing.

anyway i hope it holds and i hope this can help someone else with a similar problem.

Adam