Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Multifunction Fuel Pump Relay

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 09:25 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multifunction Fuel Pump Relay

I recently purchased a '97 Discovery. When I purchased it, I was told that there was an issue with either the fuel pump or the relay. We have worked on it since purchase and feel sure that the issue isn't the fuel pump. However, when we changed the multifunction fuel pump relay, all of a sudden, when we turned the ignition switch absolutely nothing happened. It wouldn't even click. We totally unplugged the relay, and it would try to start. And we found out that if the large plug part of the relay was plugged in it would start. So, obviously, it's an issue with the small plug part of the relay. The relay wasn't new. I'd purchased it off of eBay. So, I have purchased a brand new relay. This, I feel, will basically eliminate the possibility of it being a faulty part. If the same thing happens with this relay, would anyone have a suggestion as to what is messing up the relay? I really hope someone can help. I'm really looking forward to being able to drive my Discovery!

Old 02-25-2014, 04:47 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 399 Likes on 383 Posts

land rover service factory manual RAVE download land rover resource, service manual, workshop factory manual, download, rave, vehicles including discovery, series, defender, range rover, freelander, LR3, Handbooks, Catalog, Catalogue, Land Rover Inte

Download the large 590mb file. That is the service manual which covers everything Rover. You'll find circuit diagrams for the MFR and by following the circuits you'll be able to troubleshoot your wiring and devices in the MFR's path.

Old 02-25-2014, 08:01 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by ihscouts
land rover service factory manual RAVE download land rover resource, service manual, workshop factory manual, download, rave, vehicles including discovery, series, defender, range rover, freelander, LR3, Handbooks, Catalog, Catalogue, Land Rover Inte

Download the large 590mb file. That is the service manual which covers everything Rover. You'll find circuit diagrams for the MFR and by following the circuits you'll be able to troubleshoot your wiring and devices in the MFR's path.
That title to the link is misleading... it doesn't contain LR3 info, at least not that I can see.

Old 02-25-2014, 08:48 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 399 Likes on 383 Posts

It doesn't nor does it cover the LR4 or the RRSC. For this threads purposes it's fine for the OP's needs.