Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

My first Disco project

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 03:03 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

First day off in a while.I changed the plugs and wires today and the engine is purring.I also removed the headliner because of a massive water leak at the rear sunroof.Got that fixed but not sure if I will paint of re cover the liner.Did a fluid change for the transfer case and front diff.Next up is terrafirm shocks and rebuilding rear sway arm.

Old 12-22-2012, 05:59 PM
Rock Crawling

Today I changed the rear shocks(which wear original) and rebuilt the rear sway bar with all new hardware.The back sits about two inches higher now and handles so much better.Will
try for the front shocks tomorrow.

Old 12-28-2012, 03:14 PM
Rock Crawling

Today I changed the front shocks,Fuel filter,upper radiator hoses and thermostat.Getting the air out of the system was a pita but it seems to run at about 185.Next on the list is the flex coupling,front stabilizer and shock.

Old 12-31-2012, 09:21 AM
TReK
Received 420 Likes on 351 Posts

Scope, great work. Textbook Disco rehab. Great to read.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:46 AM
Rock Crawling

Thanks,I have been wanting a project vehicle for some time and wow did I get the right one!It feels good to save this one from the scrap yard.Perhaps I have been watching too much wheeler dealers.

Old 01-06-2013, 02:59 PM
Rock Crawling

Today I cleaned the throttle body and discovered a gunked up vacuum line on the right
side of the plenum.I also changed out the original broken radio antenna.There is a great
instructional page on AB for this as it is much harder than I expected.

Old 01-29-2013, 05:57 PM
Rock Crawling

I will be waiting for tax returns for the next round of parts.While driving home today I heard a loud bang from the drivers side and turned to watch my window slowly drop down. I removed the regulator and found that three spot welds failed. Got the window
taped up before the rain hits and will weld the regulator on my lunch hour tomorrow.You gotta love these disco's.

Old 01-29-2013, 06:44 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ihscouts
Sounds stupid but it's not like a Toyota where you nudge them and it does a head stand.
I can vouch for this. I drove my old Cressida after a year of driving another car and when I hit the brakes I nearly went through the windshield

Old 02-08-2013, 04:12 PM
Rock Crawling

Today I put in a new fuel pump.Seems to have a little more pep.I also put in a new regulator.Tomorrow is breaks and rotors all the way around and new o2 sensors and
new shock for steering dampner.If there is time I will install a new driveshaft coupling.

Old 02-17-2013, 12:33 PM
Rock Crawling

Replaced the flex coupler.THe original had a few cracks.Installed new vinyl on the rear door panel and installed front stabilizer shock. Too cold to anything else.Next is the o2 sensors and brakes,pads,rotors, and bearings all the way around.

Quick Reply: My first Disco project