Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

New item to add to the list.

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 07:02 PM
Winching
Location: Oklahoma; where the winds come rolling down the plains.
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default New item to add to the list.

Power window motor gear. The large white plastic motor gear inside the housing eventually strips off a few teeth here and there. I have replacement gears available as of now. Cost $5 plus shipping. Sure beats buying a new motor. If your window goes up a bit and then stops and you need to help it up, than maybe you have a bad gear. There are two gears on the power window motor. The small one which is made of steel and is used to contact the regulator. The large white plastic gear is inside of the motor gear box. It s attached to the motor armeture shaft and connects to the small steel gear. To remove the large white plastic gear, simply remove three bolts from the motor and the regulator. Turn the motor over and remove the metal dust cap. Turn the motor over again with the small gear faceing down and seated inside of an oversized socket. Use a hammer and punch to knock out the small gear and shaft. The large white plastic gear is now loose and ready to be replaced. PM me for more details.