Go Back  Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum > Land Rover > Discovery I
Reload this Page >

Pulling parts truck transfer case - what would you touch while it's out?

Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Pulling parts truck transfer case - what would you touch while it's out?

Old 05-14-2019, 10:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pulling parts truck transfer case - what would you touch while it's out?

Hey guys,

About to pull a transfer case out of my parts truck to swap into my driver D1. The driver has some gear whine and backlash issues (fairly worn) while the parts truck case has about 50k miles less on it. While I have it out on the bench what would you guys suggest touching? A full DIY rebuild is out of the question due to apartment limitations. I'd like to do this mostly myself, but if you know a shop with reasonable rebuild rates let me know as it may not be out of the question. Located in DFW.