Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Quick Question About Seats - Hoping for Fast Answer

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 05:17 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick Question About Seats - Hoping for Fast Answer

Hey, sorry for the annoying thread title, I hate these kinds of attention-getters myself but I'm at work and don't have access to RAVE or much time to search (though I did search quickly without success).

I've read later DI seats don't fit the 94/95s. I have a 95 DI with the basic manual cloth seats, 4 10mm bolts holding them to the floor. What specifically is different about the later DI seats? I have a line on good condition seats from a 97 DI for cheap and don't want to miss them, but don't want to do any custom fabbing or anything to make them work.

If anyone knows and can give a real quick answer I'd REALLY appreciate it. Thanks guys.

Old 11-21-2011, 05:37 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

The early seats have narrower seat frames and would require some work to fit later seats. You might be able to find some late type seat frames to custom install. The seatbelts also mount differently.

Old 11-21-2011, 06:31 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds like it is not a direct bolt in, but if it is upgrading to a better or nicer seat, how difficult could mounting them be?. At worst possibly bolting a plate in with some mounting studs or some captive fasteners on it?

Especially if the seat prices are low. And if it turns out to be more than you bargained for, there is still a market for the 97 seats right on this very forum.

I would go for it if it were me.

Old 11-22-2011, 10:19 PM
Drifting

Thanks for the quick replies guys - the seller ended up not being available so it was a moot point anyway, but I may still try to get them on Sat if they're in good shape. If it's just bolt holes then I may make a mounting plate, or maybe just swap the cushions over.

Thanks again.

Old 11-23-2011, 11:09 AM
Overlanding

Kind of along these lines and just out of curiousity, is it possible to put DII seats in a DI? I could see the back seats being a challenge, but what about the front seats?

Again, just curious because there are a ton of good prices on Ebay for used DII seats.