Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Removing Theft Alarm System

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 03:33 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gprtech
Not very much so far. I've worked out the circuit, but need to hook up to my trucks systems to read the signal.

I've drawn up a complete schematic of the circuitry in the alarm system, and outside of the immobilizer function for the ECU, the only thing that won't work with the Viper is the door key disabling of the alarm system. I may add a little bit of circuitry to the micro board to handle that.

I was hoping to be able to hack into the processor in the alarm system and learn how to talk to it, but that hasn't been going well. I also tried getting a matched set of ECU and Alarm to talk to each other, but apparently I need most of the truck wiring to get it to work, so that takes me back to waiting for a good day outdoors. :-)
HI, So i just got my first disco 1 and was wondering if i can just yank out the larm, take out a fuse or rip out the imobilizer. i dont want either to work i just want to be able to lock the vehicle and open it with the key (no fobb) Any ideas???

Old 03-01-2017, 04:49 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 388 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by Alex Spencer
HI, So i just got my first disco 1 and was wondering if i can just yank out the larm, take out a fuse or rip out the imobilizer. i dont want either to work i just want to be able to lock the vehicle and open it with the key (no fobb) Any ideas???
Don't lock it. Put a safe box in the rear and bolt it to the existing seatbelt holes in the floor. Put your valuables in it, pad lock it or whatever and just leave it unlocked. You start messing with the electronics and you may end up with a major headache.

Old 11-18-2017, 05:22 PM
1st Gear

so I bought this 96/97 Disco 1 for my wife, we live in Alaska and it is a sweet driver! But...... the alarm system has left her out in the cold too many times, the horn makes a stuttering sound continuously and never stops, we have tried the key reset and now that wont work either , I jumped the black/red wires and the engine now cranks but no fire , Im lost and out of patients , any one know what else to do other than setting it on fire and sending it back to England??

Old 12-22-2020, 02:00 PM
Three Wheeling

update....... NOTHING.... it never ran again. Still sitting here full of junk

Old 12-22-2020, 06:45 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 399 Likes on 383 Posts

Kinda been awhile. I know Paul doesn't sell junk. So what's the plan?

Old 12-22-2020, 09:57 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by ihscouts
Kinda been awhile. I know Paul doesn't sell junk. So what's the plan?
Who is Paul? this was not purchased from a Paul?

whats the plan??? Im considering purchasing an unfinished project Dieselized Disco sport. If I purchase it .. this one might have some parts to help the other one.... then after that I guess I will scrap the one who immobilized itself into never never land. Anyone need parts? Not going to pull any in winter but I might this summer.

Old 12-23-2020, 12:16 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 116 Likes on 101 Posts

I had the same problem with my 99 D1, I ended up replacing the alarm box and the ECU. been running for 9 months as a daily driver with no problems. I assume my door switch is messed up so I never lock it. I sent my old ECU and alarm to Logan at Gadsden Rovers and he changed the ECU to delete the alarm completely, My alarm box was trashed so he replaced it, and paired them. Right now it is a bit too cold out to put it back in the truck but I would bet my problems are gone.

It can be done if you have the right computer interface and software to re-program the ECU.