Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Rust. Bad. Thoughts? (Warning, not for the squeamish)

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 11:53 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I was just answering Danny's questions!

Youre right though. After this one, other than to answer inquiries, I wont post on this thread until Ive gotten something done.

As it stands now:

- Called a local welding shop. He said he didnt want to touch it either, but he then relayed a story about motorcycling through South Dakota in the 70's. He got a bad hole in his gas tank, and stopped at the next town he found. While there he found a welder whose shop looked like something an 1870s blacksmith would inhabit. Guy proceeded to weld the hole (some underwater method I think?) with the gas still in the tank, all while relaying the story of how the last time he did this there was an explosion (and pointed to the Looney Toons style person-shaped dent in the wall of his shop). All went well though and he was soon back on the road. Moral of the story, find some crazy craigslist welder.

- Called and sent pics to a welder I found on craigslist. He said he could do the drivers floor for about $200, or all three (driver, pass, rear) for about $400. Schedules are making it so we cant get together until the following weekend, but at least Ive got a decent price on a solution for that drivers hole.

Bonus for fellow boxing fans out there...turns out my crazy craigslist welder is Jason Litzau's dad.