Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

She Never Listens...

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 06:34 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 116 Likes on 101 Posts
Default She Never Listens...

Yesterday my wife had to visit another facility to deliver some paperwork for her job, She talked to the gal who was in charge of the place and she spotted that my wife had driven up in my DiscoI.. She told my wife that the Disco I was her favorite vehicle and had always wanted to get one, and her favorite color was Willow Green (which mine is) She went on to look over the truck and was going nuts over the brush guards, jump seats, etc. until my wife finally said she had to leave for another appointment. The gal told her if she ever wanted to sell it, keep her in mind!

My wife has had this happen to her with just about every car or truck I have owned. She still doesn't understand why I buy the vehicles I buy, but she thinks maybe I know what I am doing since everybody else seems to want the vehicles she drives... now I may never get my Disco back as she figures maybe it is worth her hanging on to it since I took away her Mountaineer as it had too many problems to warrant fixing and sold it for parts. Still got what she paid for it 6 years ago. I seem to always find exceptional deals on cars and trucks. She should listen to me more...

Old 04-16-2015, 08:12 AM
Super Moderator
Received 226 Likes on 196 Posts

Yeah my wife is the same, could not understand why i bought the d1 till we went real wheeling with the club, had to talk her into the lr3 and she loves it so much that I only drive it when it needs work lol

Old 04-16-2015, 08:18 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

I think we should forward this email to her and she what she says

Old 04-16-2015, 10:19 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 225 Likes on 194 Posts

My wife probably would have sold it on the spot and walked to her next appointment!!! LOL

Originally Posted by jimvw57
Yesterday my wife had to visit another facility to deliver some paperwork for her job, She talked to the gal who was in charge of the place and she spotted that my wife had driven up in my DiscoI.. She told my wife that the Disco I was her favorite vehicle and had always wanted to get one, and her favorite color was Willow Green (which mine is) She went on to look over the truck and was going nuts over the brush guards, jump seats, etc. until my wife finally said she had to leave for another appointment. The gal told her if she ever wanted to sell it, keep her in mind!

My wife has had this happen to her with just about every car or truck I have owned. She still doesn't understand why I buy the vehicles I buy, but she thinks maybe I know what I am doing since everybody else seems to want the vehicles she drives... now I may never get my Disco back as she figures maybe it is worth her hanging on to it since I took away her Mountaineer as it had too many problems to warrant fixing and sold it for parts. Still got what she paid for it 6 years ago. I seem to always find exceptional deals on cars and trucks. She should listen to me more...