Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

spider

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012 | 08:58 PM
Rock Crawling

What issue are you wanting to bypass the alarm to get out of? The ECU and AS10 are co-dependent, you would be better off not trying to separate them.

Old 06-15-2013 | 05:28 PM
3rd Gear

Hey everyone. I'm glad to find out that this is somewhat of a common problem. I have been yanking out my eyelashes trying to figure out this quandry with my As10 module. I am a first time LR owner. I bought this car as a project car and what a project it has become. I am a bit of a novice when it comes to my truck but I'm the type that has to learn hands on. That being said I am afraid I have locked up the system fidgetting with it. I bought the vehicle used and equipped with an aftermarket security system installed alongside the factory one. I believe they work in tandem I however do not have the original fob only my AM one. I would normally be able to arm/disarm the factory alarm by using the driver side door lock however it has since broken and turns freely. So Know must allow the truck to remain unlocked but I could still arm the aftermarket intruder alert. THis is where it gets tricky. I started to have weak starts about 2 months ago which then in turn became no start. At first I believed it to be a faulty battery so I Charged overnight then replaced only to find that it would crank but not turn over. The led on my dash began doing weird things(I.e blinking flashing solid) while simultaneous clicking noises under the dash which is what drew my attention to the as10. I have located the driverside door switch with the face off of the door to manually activate the door lock switch to no avail. No arm or disarm. Also I had noticednproir to this debaccle

Old 06-15-2013 | 05:35 PM
3rd Gear

That when I would inadvertantly press the door locks it would automatically kick back and unlock itself. It no longer does that. Also I counted the clicks when its going haywire and it will click 10 X's before it stops. And at times it will only allow me to arm and not allownme to disarm. If this is making any sense to anyone out there please advise it will be greatly appreciated. I simply fell in love with my truck at first sight. Its now developing somewhat of a love hate relationship.

Old 06-17-2013 | 07:42 AM
Rock Crawling

You can't.
If you can get one of the advanced scantools that handle the Disco, you can disable the features.

Or you can go to a Dealer.

Old 09-15-2013 | 10:09 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Savannah Buzz
Is your vehicle made for the North American Spec market? The NAS and non-NAS is different. What page in the RAVE electrical manual do you reference?
Can you tell me based on my vin number prefix if I have the spider control SALJY?
My 96 D1 has fallen and cannot get up.