Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Terrafirma build.......Part 2......Front....

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 10:00 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mountain Goat
You got that right about steel. I spent $300 on steel last semester between my bumper and toolbox, and only have about a third of that left.

EDIT: If you ever want to get rid of that 3-link, shoot me a PM!
Yea then add in the cost of joint and mounts.. For the good suff..

Forged Chromoly 2.63" Ballistic Joint

haha I doubt I ever will but if I do I'll let you know.

Sorry to hi-jack your thead wheel garage... the TF radius arms are the perfect set up for 32's

Thats a 30* ramp.. Cant wait to put it back on the ramp

Last edited by Jake1996D1; 04-20-2012 at 10:02 AM.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:02 AM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who knows, maybe you'll want to try a 4-link next?

Old 04-20-2012, 10:04 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by Mountain Goat
Who knows, maybe you'll want to try a 4-link next?

Eh I am happy with it for now.. I'm saving for a tdi defender currently

Old 04-20-2012, 01:01 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jake1996D1
Eh I am happy with it for now.. I'm saving for a tdi defender currently
I wish they are more available on this side. All we have are the D90's....no fo-dooh 110's.

Hey Jake.

On your rear end, is your rear tow set a zero or is it naturally off? I've read where they can be off by 3/4 from factory. At the alignment shop, my rear is off center by .3 degrees to the right. I can possibly try to reposition the arm connection point at the rear axle housing. Don't know if I can do anything else.....might have to call Justin....

Old 04-20-2012, 03:57 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by wheelgarage
I wish they are more available on this side. All we have are the D90's....no fo-dooh 110's.

Hey Jake.

On your rear end, is your rear tow set a zero or is it naturally off? I've read where they can be off by 3/4 from factory. At the alignment shop, my rear is off center by .3 degrees to the right. I can possibly try to reposition the arm connection point at the rear axle housing. Don't know if I can do anything else.....might have to call Justin....
I plan on getting a TDI 90 or 110.. and they havent made a TDI 90 in the states either.. Only V8's.. I dont care if it's an imported LHD though I just want something to cruise around town and go camping with and get decent gas milage

Honestly I have no clue about rear end but I do know my driver side rubs my inner wheel well and my upper perch and passanger does not.. You may also want to check that you tightened down each arm evently. Also check the condition of your a-arm ball joint and bushings. Mine was toast and lead to a clunking noise. I replaced it with this Lucky8 Llc. - Take the road less traveled... If you do replace it, good luck! it took heating mine up until it was cherry red and hitting it hard with the air chisel.

Old 04-20-2012, 07:14 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Jake I won't lie, your rover is pretty sexy no homo. I want a full battle ready rover like yours haha even if I won't transverse the world I just want one. A defender would be bad A too.

Old 04-20-2012, 08:04 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by calebbo
Jake I won't lie, your rover is pretty sexy no homo. I want a full battle ready rover like yours haha even if I won't transverse the world I just want one. A defender would be bad A too.

Thanks man I have put hours and hours of work into my truck, I appreciate some props every now and then

Old 04-20-2012, 08:39 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

How long have you had it?

Old 04-20-2012, 08:58 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by calebbo
How long have you had it?

umm just over a year I think

Old 04-21-2012, 12:30 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jake1996D1
Honestly I have no clue about rear end but I do know my driver side rubs my inner wheel well and my upper perch and passanger does not.. You may also want to check that you tightened down each arm evently. Also check the condition of your a-arm ball joint and bushings. Mine was toast and lead to a clunking noise. I replaced it with this Lucky8 Llc. - Take the road less traveled... If you do replace it, good luck! it took heating mine up until it was cherry red and hitting it hard with the air chisel.
I always wondered where that balljoint goes...

It actually isn't as bad it was before. I will drive it around for a bit and hit some of the mounds to get the suspension stretched. Once the wheels are on (two more weeks..or so...), I will loosen, then try to reposition. Then go back to the shop to see if anything moved.

Quick Reply: Terrafirma build.......Part 2......Front....