Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

winch mount options

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 03:56 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

shoot... nevermind. for a hundred bucks it's worth the ease and fit

Old 03-31-2011, 04:41 PM
TReK
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Dezert Rover
Did you even read the topic of the thread, or did you just post to chime in with your two cents?

I get an email that tells me I have a reply, and so I log on. Come to find out its some useless comment.
I know that some of this sites memebers actually have some knowledge I'd like to reffer to.... and thats why I continue to be a member. For those of you who comment because you simply have nothing better to do.... I'm sorry but get a life. You have Rovers, get out and use them
Aww, that's too bad. At least hill was here to solve your dilemma. I'll try to keep from posting anything at all for your benefit in the future.

oh, and a google search pulls up 2 links to DAP on the first page. Gotta love google.

Last edited by Chris-bob; 03-31-2011 at 04:47 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:14 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Dezert Rover
Wow. That was why I posted the question

jackasses- I'd appriciate it if you stayed out of my threads
RELAX man, it was just a joke. By the way its not YOUR thread, its a PUBLIC forum. Anyway, sorry that I twisted your panties in a knot, I thought this "Community" that you just spoke of was a bunch of good guys who were capable of taking a joke.......guess not all of us.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:37 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its not like he would have let you done it, unless of coarse you would have actually done it.

Old 04-01-2011, 01:01 PM
Mudding

I HOPE no one would even try this!!!!!

Old 04-01-2011, 01:07 PM
TReK
Default I might...

on your Disco

Old 04-01-2011, 01:36 PM
Rock Crawling

It looks very clean, But is it fully functionally? it looks like it might put alot of stress on that subframe.

Old 04-01-2011, 02:05 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by skatelove303
It looks very clean, But is it fully functionally? it looks like it might put alot of stress on that subframe.
I saw one set-up that uses a stainless c channel that bolts to the frame. Should be plenty strong for up to 9500# winch. If you went higher than that, I'd get a winch bumper.

Old 04-01-2011, 07:37 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by AKdisco
RELAX man, it was just a joke. By the way its not YOUR thread, its a PUBLIC forum. Anyway, sorry that I twisted your panties in a knot, I thought this "Community" that you just spoke of was a bunch of good guys who were capable of taking a joke.......guess not all of us.
It's not so much about my panties as it is about mounting my winch.... It just seems like I see alot of forums head in a bad direction. Dont wanna see that happen here. I use the rule, if I wouldnt say it to your face (on a trail in the middle of the desert), I'm not going to post it.

Old 04-01-2011, 10:21 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll back you up a little this one man.
The reason is that many of us use this forum as an information source, and a research tool. I can honestly say that I've wasted plenty of time on my search for answers to my problems, simply because 80% of the threads I find are filled up with useless posts and ridiculous off hand comments. Just wastes people's time, that's all.

Quick Reply: winch mount options