Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Window lift ECU

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 03:03 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

All that kit is is a piece of wire to use as a jumper and the info for the hook-up. You may think it is a cheap fix, I think it is a very expensive short piece of wire myself.

Old 01-06-2011, 03:22 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

its a cheaper problem was more of what I meant. The regulators, motors, and lift ecu's all cost much more, but yes, I'm sure that's expensive for a wire.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:34 AM
Winching
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

don't know much about the window ecu It one part of the trucks I have yet to play with. I'm not even sure if the rear's work in the white rover, since I never use them... I'm thinking they do though.

On a lighter note... Whitey's Running! Been driving it the all this week due to a catastrophic failure of my 300D... (Cracked the head) I'm still troubleshooting it, and it's still running rich but it's not fouling out the plugs now. Needs new 02's for sure and a new head gasket (leaking oil). Put a new IACV and Coolant Temp Sensor. I even pull the thermostat again just to double check I didn't put it in backwards... (I didn't). I'm thinking I should put the original injectors back in as I think they might be over fueling themselves.

I'm glad your having fun with the truck and hope to see updated pictures of it etc as you move forward with it.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:41 AM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by ngarover
don't know much about the window ecu It one part of the trucks I have yet to play with. I'm not even sure if the rear's work in the white rover, since I never use them... I'm thinking they do though.

On a lighter note... Whitey's Running! Been driving it the all this week due to a catastrophic failure of my 300D... (Cracked the head) I'm still troubleshooting it, and it's still running rich but it's not fouling out the plugs now. Needs new 02's for sure and a new head gasket (leaking oil). Put a new IACV and Coolant Temp Sensor. I even pull the thermostat again just to double check I didn't put it in backwards... (I didn't). I'm thinking I should put the original injectors back in as I think they might be over fueling themselves.

I'm glad your having fun with the truck and hope to see updated pictures of it etc as you move forward with it.
Glad to hear "whitey" is on the road. So far, not much to show you...its only had a good cleaning.

Old 01-07-2011, 01:35 PM
TReK
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DiscoIIBrandon
Glad to hear "whitey" is on the road. So far, not much to show you...its only had a good cleaning.
Racist jerks...

But I agree, that is one expensive wire. You can buy those screw-on connectors at a parts store and the wire is cheap. Anyone have a write-up on how to bypass the window lift ecu with a wire?

Last edited by Chris-bob; 01-07-2011 at 01:39 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:15 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by Chris-bob
Racist jerks...

But I agree, that is one expensive wire. You can buy those screw-on connectors at a parts store and the wire is cheap. Anyone have a write-up on how to bypass the window lift ecu with a wire?
Actually, yea, I do. I got it from one of this forums members, just haven't tried it yet. It sounds pretty simple and really cheap and was faxed to me with a diagram!

In less words: disconnect the lower connector (w/ 8 contacts, larger wires) and find and cut the white and pink wire about 1 inch from the connector to expose 3/8 inch of bare wire.
Attach this wire with the wire (from the AB kit provided) and run it down behind the glove box so you can access it in the area below the dash.
Remove the lower footwell panel and find the wire that you just fed down.
Find connector #C2073 under the dash to the left side of the wheel well behind the metal bracket. (you might have to cut a cable tie to pull the connector out far enough to get access to the wire you need.
Unplug the connector and pull it down so you have some room to attach the posi-tap connector.
Using the posi-tap connector tap the white & green wire as close to the middle of the wire as possible to ensure a good connection and connect the said wire.
Plug the connector back in and test!

Old 01-08-2011, 12:23 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DiscoIIBrandon
Actually, yea, I do. I got it from one of this forums members, just haven't tried it yet. It sounds pretty simple and really cheap and was faxed to me with a diagram!

They provide the instructions at the Atlantic-British link I posted earlier.... They hide them under the tab labeled "instructions"

Old 01-08-2011, 01:52 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by Henrici
They provide the instructions at the Atlantic-British link I posted earlier.... They hide them under the tab labeled "instructions"
Hah! Who would have thought to look for instructions in the "instructions" tab?!?!?! Apparently NOT me...