Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Window Stuck Down

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2018, 11:18 AM
Mudding
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by turf63
The only reason I suggest jumping is because I had a bitch of a time getting my board out personally. The box kept collapsing and wouldn't let me separate the tabs from the housing. I had to unbolt the whole thing and do it outside the truck.
I second this.. I believe the poster above stating it just popped right out has a rare truck. My ecu would hit the glove box frame and force me to bend the card to get it past that frame. I found it to be a much bigger pain than taking the rear door panel off.

No noise? that does sound like the window ecu but when my 4 different cards were f'ing with me on different trucks is was both rear windows working or neither window worked. I never had the experience of just one.
My money is on a switch or a motor. I have to mention that if you unplug the door window switch from the passenger rear window, it disrupts the connection to the drivers side rear window.. at least that was what I experience on mine.

Old 11-09-2018, 03:17 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by rickroverover
I second this.. I believe the poster above stating it just popped right out has a rare truck. My ecu would hit the glove box frame and force me to bend the card to get it past that frame. I found it to be a much bigger pain than taking the rear door panel off.
ok Im glad Im not the only one finding that video to be a BS hack way of doing it.
Its much easier to just take the extra 2 minutes and remove the lower cover, glove box and unbolt the bracket below the ECU to get to the lower front bolt of the ECU (upper is easily accessed already). unbolt the two front nuts and the ECU swings down with plenty of room to remove the front plate and slide the card in and out with ease and no binding or bending the board (you dont bend circuit boards).

Old 05-19-2021, 10:04 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bschoole
So when i bought my Rover I was told the drivers side rear window didn't work. Well now that it has warmed up some and I completely forgot about it I decided to roll down all the windows.

Ooops,

So the rear drivers side window went down about halfway and now won't go up. It doesn't seem to make any noises or anything, I haven't had a real chance to check it out, but I wondered if this is a common problem, and if so what is the fix?

Help is appreciated!
hello I bought land rover freelander 2, a year ago and today I put the driver window down and it wont go up, it is the same problem in chipset or what? I get motor out of window an tested it and it works, I think that the switch is ok too because all other windows also go up an dawn. But i driven after that and it turneed up 2 lights on armIture board( dawnhil assistance and something TC).
Do I need to put this shipset out and look at it? And it is the sam on all rovers on the drivers passenger or no?
My english is very bad