Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Your camping rigs

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 01:45 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Danny Lee 97 Disco
In Alaska? What about the polar bears?

You could make a heavy duty slide out with some good square tubing or something solid, even have a drop down support at the rear end of it.

The rear door is part of the challenge but could be revamped as well.

Some of you great young design wizards should attempt a few things like that!

Did you really just say "what about the polar bears?" LMFAO.......yeah everytime I leave my Igloo for the day I jump on my dogsled and head over the ice pack to town to teach the local natives how to read and write. LOL, I love when people hear I live in Alaska they automatically assume polar bears, igloos, and dogsleds like were still living in the dark ages HAHA.

Old 05-02-2011, 01:50 PM
TReK
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by AKdisco
Did you really just say "what about the polar bears?" LMFAO.......yeah everytime I leave my Igloo for the day I jump on my dogsled and head over the ice pack to town to teach the local natives how to read and write. LOL, I love when people hear I live in Alaska they automatically assume polar bears, igloos, and dogsleds like were still living in the dark ages HAHA.
Awww, now there you go dashing their dreams of a forgotten land to pieces.

Old 05-02-2011, 03:29 PM
Three Wheeling

actually if you take a milk crate and a piece of plywood, the milk crate is the same height as the rear seats folded down, instant bed. I'm only 5'7" though..
also, make sure you park on a very flat spot. Me and the GF found this out the hard way when we woke up and we were both pressed against the side of the truck...

Old 05-02-2011, 04:56 PM
Winching

Way too expensive, but I have to admit kind of cool:
swissRoomBox-home

Old 05-02-2011, 05:22 PM
Winching

Oh yeah, my camping rig is a marmot hard shell and my hammock.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:07 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That ****e is awesome, I personally enjoyed the "Hot Shower Dream" portion of the video. I just wonder if those elf chairs designed for the Swiss hold 6"4 and 230? Lot of useful gear in that setup though.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:31 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by jacumja
That ****e is awesome, I personally enjoyed the "Hot Shower Dream" portion of the video. I just wonder if those elf chairs designed for the Swiss hold 6"4 and 230? Lot of useful gear in that setup though.
LOL, I thought the same thing when I saw them all in the back playing cards. I don't think my friends and I would be that comfortable. You know, I did the conversion. It said almost 9000 swiss francs, that comes out to about 14k USD correct?

I think I could copy that setup for a few hundred bucks. Still kind of cool though.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:18 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Indeed, legitimate. All this camping talk makes me want to go on a safari in my Rover. I've always dreamed of a 3-5 day trip with my buddies in the rover offroad, where camping and cooking over the fire are a necessity.

Old 05-03-2011, 01:23 AM
Rock Crawling

Don't know if it's terribly kosher to link to other forums, but check this one out. These dudes are all about overlanding with their rigs. There is a whole section for each type of popular vehicle (Land Rovers included), and they've got them decked out for living in for weeks and months on end. Their idea of camping is driving from the Labrador Coast to the Cape of Good Hope and back.

Expedition Portal Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Old 05-03-2011, 09:22 AM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by AKdisco
Wait, Wait, Wait.....you mean that you DON'T live in an igloo and have a penguin as a pet? (Yes I know that are only native to the South Pole) WTF?!?!
All this time I figured your "end game" was to build a Polar Bear proof Disco so you could go out and save the Eskimo's from their godless ways...and to SHOW them that there are places that really DO get more than 30 minutes of light per day AND where there are members of the "fairer" sex that take to walking around in something that they might use to secure a piece of equipment to their dog sled, albeit a very SMALL piece of equipment...

My camping rig consists of a 12x16 tent (4 kids) a blow up mattress and every Coleman propane piece of equipment I could get my hands on...

On a chilly morning, a cup of HOT coffee, some crispy bacon and a couple flapjacks generate the most AMAZING, overwhelming feeling of contentedness...probably similar to that Polar Bear eating the seal he waited 12 hours to come up through the whole in the ice. All I know is that I really liked his music...to bad he had to go out like that...

Quick Reply: Your camping rigs