Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

You're not going to believe this...or maybe you will.

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 02:59 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by innzane
OK, cool. I see now.
I do need to check that belt first, that may be the cause of my issue, maybe the power steering and/or water pump was/is run in reverse.

I got a lil under 2 hours of mostly highway time on right now, just driving it home from the car dealership. I checked the temp gauge like an addict all the way till I was near home. It stayed dead center of the acceptable range. Then it cut off at the light right off the highway, took a few tries to get it going, I saw some light smoke from exhaust after this, so it may have overheated right at the end of the trip and I did not notice. I never saw the red light, but the wife beared the cold and went back out and said it was lit.

I hope for the best, Best being under $1k fix.
You better hope that ealer has a return policy, you bought somebody else major problem. Another recent new mwmber is still sorting his out after a few thousand in rebuild expenses.

What does the coolant look like and what color is the oil?

Run right back to where you got it and dump it back on them if you possibly can!

Old 02-27-2012, 12:10 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default coolant sight glass and bleeder

I think this little gadget will help bleed and monitor bubbles nicely. Disco Fever posted it as part of his D2 inline thermostat mod which I will be doing this week (on the D2 of course). I didn't spring for this but I kind of wish I had.

Sava suggested it should have a hose connection so it could catch the spilled coolant while bleeding.

Stealth Conversions V8 Cooling System Parts - Coolant Sight Glass

Attached Thumbnails You're not going to believe this...or maybe you will.-warm.jpg  
Old 02-27-2012, 12:22 PM
TReK
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by slanginsanjuan
I think this little gadget will help bleed and monitor bubbles nicely. Disco Fever posted it as part of his D2 inline thermostat mod which I will be doing this week (on the D2 of course). I didn't spring for this but I kind of wish I had.

Sava suggested it should have a hose connection so it could catch the spilled coolant while bleeding.

Stealth Conversions V8 Cooling System Parts - Coolant Sight Glass
If you could also mount a ect sensor on it....that's be pretty sweet.

Old 02-27-2012, 02:40 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That looks like the way to go, especially with a steam relief valve built in. And a sensor attachment point.

Old 02-28-2012, 06:48 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think so. but i bought the glowshift adaptor that only allows the sensor input. two. one for the D1 to run my water gauge and the second to do the inline conversion on the D2.

i may spring for this later if I have bubbling issues.